Please log in.

Publish 49 - Preparation

Started by Voxpire, July 27, 2013, 08:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voxpire

Changes - Publish 49.0
28th JUL, 2013

+ Core Updates:

- Updated Gumps to support new Item Properties entry.
- Removed possible stack overflow threat in core Gumps.
- Optimized code for racial body values.
- Updated context menus to support latest client localization ID's.
- Updated expansion info with new High Seas byte flags.
- Update containers property display.
- Added new status packets and members for mobiles and weapons.
- Added an event to Regions for processing all regions when they have been loaded.

+ Server Updates:

- The [Where command is now accessible to players and uses a notify Gump to display information.
- Blessed Item/Potion Bags now have more security against holding items they shouldn't.
- Price adjustment for donation based shrink potions.
- Optimized everlasting bandage code.
- Good Luck Deeds will now properly delete when used.
- Pet Skills Deeds will now properly raise your pet's skills cap, preventing random skill loss.
- Check Book capacity raised from 200 to 500 million.
- Guards will not instant kill any more, but they will kick your ass.
- Regions will notify you with details about the region upon entering them.
- Region entry notifications are color coded according to their danger level and guard status.
- Shrink functions and idols optimized.
- Updated properties of Fish Pies.
- All artefacts can now be imbued. ALL of them, including old ones.
- Chaos/Order shields for each race can be imbued, but can't be unravelled.
- Oracle of the Sea and Charybdis have been updated, the mission should be easier.
- Updated Scalis resistances.
- Creatures will now display certain stats when hovering over them, pets will display extended stats.
- Ore Dyes will now dye clothing-based talismans.
- Fixed shard crash when using specific Master Runebooks.
- Fixed typo on Vial of Vitriol.
- Pet Leash now has remaining uses.
- Added new donation vendors - Abyssal Merchant, Trinket Vendor.
- Updated and optimized global chat service.
- Prepared chat service for use with IRC.
- Updated creature AI's and fully optimized pathing algorithms.
- Added missing glass equipment to Glassblowing craft.
- Fixed typos and cliloc errors in Faction Gumps.
- Organized hover properties on all equipment, they should be in a logical order now.
- Optimized quivers and their properties.
- Optimized Camp Fires.
- Fixed a targeting issue with taxidermy kits.
- Optimized fishing pole attachments and prepared them for unique additions.
- Logs should properly register as wood (alias of boards) when crafting.
- Optimized bandage code, no mechanics were changed.
- Fixed a display issue with animal lore Gump.
- Updated detect hidden skill to include the new Perception and Evasion properties in the formula.
- Fixed issue with discordance persistence on shrunken/stabled pets.
- Fixed potential issue when casting spells with wands or scrolls where an item leak may occur.
- Upgraded Crafting Tools Chest interface - no, shovels are still not supported because they use a different kind of craft system that is incompatible with all other tools.
- Added Lord Blackthorne's Throne add-on (NollKoll)
- Added Piano add-on (NollKoll)
- Fixed a bug where XML-based quests do not register creature kills (NollKoll)
- Updated MapUO API.

+ Housing

- Fixed issue with house resizing where original owner can't place a new house in the old region.
- Added house categories - Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Military.
- House categories each give different bonuses to skills, stats, resistances and income.
- House categories can only be changed once every 7 days.
- Fixed an issue with garden sheds being inaccessible when placed on small plots.
- Added ability to sell house directly from the sign - enter your price and submit.
- People can buy your house directly from the sign when  it is up for sale.
- Fixed an issue with house painting Gump where the last row on both axis would not be shown.
- Fixed Ogre Thrashing Slayer typo.
- Fixed issues with placement of unique houses - the farmer's cabin may still have issues on certain terrain.
- Updated labels on house placement Gump.

+ Imbuing and Unravelling

- Optimized all crafting systems, updated interfaces and Gumps.
- Imbuing now requires Crystals of Elements (CoE) as a main resource.
- Blank Imbuing/Unravelling Runes have been removed, you only need Rough Stone to craft runes.
- CoE's can be found on any enemy creature in the World.
- CoE drop rates are dependent on the elemental damage types that an enemy creature has.
- Added Transmutation craft to allow other ways to get CoE's.
- Rough Stones drop rate has been reduced.
- Gargoyles can craft Rough Stones from Granite.
- Full item unravelling has been revised, the resource return rate has been increased slightly.
- Some craft systems allow you to unravel an item instantly upon crafting it.
- Added Slayers to Imbuing craft.
- Revised equipment min/max rune slots and ratings.
- Equipment with properties that are above their imbue soft-cap will not count as extra runes.
- Talismans that previously counted as clothing will now be counted as a talisman for imbuing.
- Added new properties - Perception, Evasion, CraftSuccess, BonusHealing, Threat
- Added an actual portable Soul Forge with the correct art ID, not the brazier style, these are 2 separate items.

+ Abyss

- The Abyss awaits you all and will be opening in the near future.
- New monsters, new areas, towns, cities and challenges for those who seek glory or will settle for an honourable death.
- Tiered regions to suit your current game pace, choose to stay in your comfort zone, or venture in to the unknown to attain higher challenges!
- Everything in Abyss is scaled to a Tier range, with a wide variety of separate areas at different Tier ranges to cater to all game styles.
- A new player-run town, Dimitto, the only area safe enough to place a house in Abyss, but requires a minimum average tier rating upon placing.
- Aide the King's Guard and help defend the portals back to Pandora from being overtaken by the Abyssal Legion and used for universal destruction!

+ Vita-Nex: Core (VNc)

- Removed created/edited fields from all file header regions.
- Optimized SuperGumps and added pure black background to standard UI SuperGumps.
- Added new notifications Gump and [Notify command.
- Added new items to Vote Token vendor.
- Added new items to Trash Token vendor.
- Optimized Auto PvP battles flow and fixed minor bugs.
- Added Capture The Flag battle scenarios - fully tested!
- Geo-Location is back! - Use The [GeoLoc command to manage your profile.
- Revised casting bars, improvement action to be taken.
- Updated MOTD module.
- Players will no longer earn PvP Points in Ranked battles if they kill someone who shares the same IP address.
- Optimized [FixMe, [MyCommands, [Say commands.
- Changed file output path in 2D/3D [ExportBounds commands.
- Added [Notify command for staff.
- Added Rune Codex.
- Added Hue Deeds.
- Added Strobe Lantern - this will be upgraded in the future, perhaps to allow customizing the hue range.
- Added Shadow Lantern - this shadow lantern holds a dark secret.
- Added Heal, Cure and Mana Bobombs.
- Updated broadcast scrolls after trying to use one and finding it was virtually useless.
- Optimized BBCodeUtility.
- Automated donation service will no longer increase world save time, it is now asynchronous.

King Kong

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

rocktuff

A lot of work now lets show our appreciation and vote everyday and share Pandora on your facebooks and get our population back to #1 in the world. Long Live Sheldor....
Long Live John Elway

King Kong

Quote from: rocktuff on July 28, 2013, 02:24:46 AM
A lot of work now lets show our appreciation and vote everyday and share Pandora on your facebooks and get our population back to #1 in the world. Long Live Sheldor....

Agreed!

Thatperson

WOW!! what a list!! I had to make a cup of tea half way through reading to get to the end :D lots of hard work man, very well done :)
one small question (and no biggie) you mentioned that clothing talismans will be dyable but also that all clothing talismans will turn into normal talismans. these 2 statements seem to negate each other..
really looking forward to venturing into the abyss *gets all excited*
if I could vote any more than I already do I would.. top job! :D

Islander

I am blown away by the amount of changes... very strong work here guys. I can't wait till the server becomes a little more stable after the patch, but all in all i am very impressed!

sebastian

Vospire thank you  translate i read your uptade ,  very big very hard thanks . one more question  i made bs tool double click repair and scroll use  i have reapir service i do not use my weapons repair deed closed why...

Horns Nigel

Wow Vor, you made my day, great Job!!!....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Gray

I have to admit...some of the updates (given my style of play) are a mystery...all Greek to me! :) :) But...over all...WOW...one heckava list :).

Thank you for working hard for us...

And now a bit of whining...I see no update to the hag quest....?? Just sayin :) :)
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people that annoy me.

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Gray on July 28, 2013, 10:32:32 AM
I have to admit...some of the updates (given my style of play) are a mystery...all Greek to me! :) :) But...over all...WOW...one heckava list :).

Thank you for working hard for us...

And now a bit of whining...I see no update to the hag quest....?? Just sayin :) :)

well there were a few things i wanted added aswell/changed.. but when the madness has been fixed, i see no reason for a small patch that somewhat quickly follows... better to have the major changes out there first i guess ^^
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

sandonato1400

Wow!

That's the overwhelming sensation everybody dear to Pandora is feeling about this patch.  Well worth the wait! Undoubtedly the best UO Shard. 

Let us pull together and do what we can to show our appreciation, VOTE!

Lets make a movement today to make sure we get as many votes possible. I say we try and set a new record!  Tell everyone you see, let's really push for the strongest vote day and end this month strong! I am calling both my siblings who don't log into Pandora as much as I do to log in today to vote.

Gray

well there were a few things i wanted added aswell/changed.. but when the madness has been fixed, i see no reason for a small patch that somewhat quickly follows... better to have the major changes out there first i guess ^^

"Of Course you are right :) :) Thank you for all your work! :)
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people that annoy me.

King Kong

As expected, with such a large publish we're gonna have bits of Offline time.

This is even with months of test shard testing.... See why we have to do the test shard and test the heck out of stuff non stop now? -- Imagine if we never tested all this and put it in....

:o

zaxarus

First of all, thank you for your work, especially Vorspire, wo may just crashed himself after hrs of patching and coding... ^^

It's normal that on patch days chaos will reign, so let's try to make the best out of it. ;)

(But pls fix the Imbuing...^^)

Tys

"My name is my name."

Saturn

Love it. Love all of it. Love you!

...See you on descendants in the meantime my fellow uo junkies!
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman