Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 49.4

Started by Voxpire, August 10, 2013, 01:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voxpire

Changes - Publish 49.4
1st NOV, 2013

- Houses will have a welcome notification when entering.
- Donation Animal Trainer will display correct names for Llama/Chargers.
- Pandorian Llama will accept commands again.
- Magical Shortbow now uses Mana as the ammo, the amount of Mana needed to fire it is scaled by it's tier.
- Magical Shortbow base damage is based on the amount of Mana used to fire it.
- Character Creation enforcement for first account character only to receive specific items.
- [Where command will display house name as current region, if used in a house.
- Abyss facet wilderness regions will now display entry notifications.
- MOTD system internal clean-up to prevent merging of messages.
- Unravelling Tier 0 items will no longer yield bonus resources.
- Added Oceanic Coin Vendors to replace the current vending stones, they will also buy white pearls and big fish from you.
- Added Magic Scroll Box to hold Spell Scrolls.
- Added Spells category and Spell Scroll storage support to Resource Box.
- Added Glass Staff to Glass-blowing craft menu.
- Regen rate caps for all stats is now 50.
- Whirlwind Attack will no longer spam messages for multiple affected targets.
- Weapon durability loss has been normalized and will decrease slower.
- Toxic Essence can now be stored in Resource Boxes under the Imbuing tab.
- Critical Hit Chance Increase chance caps have been increased by 10%.
- Evasion and Perception have been revised.
- Threat is now available as a reduction factor as well as an increase factor.
- Threat has been moved to the Misc Imbuing category.
- Bonus Tier XP will no longer count towards rating or runes.
- Imbuable stat bonus caps have been increased by 5.
- Imbuable stat regen caps have been increased by 2.
- Critical Hit Chance Increase cap has been increased by 2.
- Quivers should no longer gather millions of arrows.
- Peerless bosses will no longer teleport you back after you have left the area.
- Neira's hit points have been normalized at 140,000, down from 1,400,000
- Neira will now drop guaranteed imbuing resources.
- Houses will no longer be able to overlap each other when placed by players.
- Spider Crab Pies will now use the correct resources.
- Service Repair Deeds no longer require the user to be in a town.
- Added double-click support for Rune Codex category select.
- Added double-click support for Rune Codex entry select, will perform recall action.
- Ranged Weapons will now only deal damage when the ammo strikes the target, the speed of the effect is faster when the weapon has Velocity and your Dexterity is higher.
- Ranged weapons will now make you wrestle your enemy if they are within 1 pace, or if you have no ammo.
- Using your fists to fight will now use your average tier rating to increase your base damage.
- PvP Battle Necklace will now have +50 Hit Point Increase and 3 other random properties with random values.
- Hell Armor is now repairable.
- Stabling pets is now free.
- Increased SDI cap to 50%.
- Increased LMC cap to 50%.
- Donation reward Water Quiver of the Sea Horse now has 5% HCI, 5% DCI, 15 R.Hits, 15 R.Mana and 10% DI
- Treasure Map Chests will now spawn random Imbuing resources based on chest level, anything from essence to crystals.
- Detect Hidden, Hiding and Tracking Power Scrolls are now available.
- Drop rate of Sabrix' Eye increased to 50%
- Added donation reward Everlasting Ammo.
- Added new Halloween 2013 Pumpkins and Pumpkin Carving Kit.
- PvP Battle seasons will return to the 4-week duration.
- True smooth boat movement, including mouse control.
- Disabled item insurance on mount items.
- Removed invisible items from the item insurance menu.

***TECHNICAL***

- Added 7.0.33.1 protocol changes, for new MobileIncoming packet.
- Changed refuse trades option to only show in appropriate clients.
- Changed the new context menu packet to only be used when necessary, until assistants are patched.
- Fixed null ref in BaseFamiliar.
- Fixed items not being placeable on tiles occupied by hidden staff mobiles.
- Corpse packet fixes.
- Make corpses private containers.
- Don't trace innocuous network exceptions unless debug flagged.
- Fix props gump serial display.
- Assistant feature negotiation.
- Sync feature negotiation flags.
- DawnsMusicBoxGump null ref.
- Implement client bandage macro handler.
- Thread safe random methods.
- Aggressive rewrite of core random number generation.
- Prep constants for rdrand parallelization.
- Add RandomImpl.
- RandomImpl display and additional interfaces.
- Fix pre-AoS OPL Spellbook display.
- Implement Core.TickCount.
- Convert movement, actions (lift/use), combat, and spells to use Core.TickCount and avoid DateTime caveats (performance, system time dependency, etc)
- BaseCreature/AI Core.TickCount
- Core.TickCount for some AI actions.
- Timers use Core.TickCount.
- Refactor DateTime.Now to DateTime.UtcNow across entire project.
- Cast disturb recovery fix.
- Correction in NewAsyncSockets.
- Send locking for NewAsyncSockets.
- Add crash report packet handler.
- Implement double checked locking.
- Packet processing parallelization.
- Parallel delta queue processing.
- Thread safe packet construction, compilation, compression, gump compilation, sending, coalescing, etc.
- Additional network level parallelization.
- AI target acquisition parallelization.
- Limit pooled enumerables and timerchangeentries to 200 (arbitrary)
- Generic pooled enumerators.
- Guild event bcp.
- Better pooled enumerator thread safety.
- Handle speech events with some parallelism.
- Don't place disposed items back in the pool.
- Delta recursion protection.
- Flush in send completion.
- Proper NextDouble.
- Direct RandomBool.
- Thread safe parallelized timer changes.
- TileMatrix thread-safety.
- Main WaitHandle timeout removed.​

Angel0178

Electo Jason

so is this patch letting us into the new maps? :)
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Mozot

hey if your doing a scroll box would it be hard to add in davey jone's locker for maps also?

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Keeblerboy

Vorspire, I understand that you're very busy in game. So here is a viable solution for the pet heal pots.  Do the same as you did with bandages (patch 49.1) with more than 5 pet slot in use.  - "Healing pets with bandages will now be 5x more effective when the healer has more than 5 control slots used up."  This is a pricey donation item that needs to be worthy of being a donation item.  People will be more likely to pick up extra pet slots once this is on par for the price.   At this point greater heal works much better for more point healed and about 5-6x faster.    Consider making this a part of the next patch.     

Keeb

Walker

I don't understand half of what is being said, mostly because I'm not reading it thoroughly and just skimming since it doesn't pertain to me at this point, but in my opinion (not that it matters) a pet heal pot donation item should heal SUBSTANTIALLY more than a bandage. It is a donation item after all so if it's on par with bandages it would be pointless to get. While I don't think you should be able to stand there and spam an insta pot heal on a pet forever during a fight I think it should be worth peoples time.

This is coming from someone who has never seen a pet heal pot before or even know the dynamics of how it works. Just from what I'm gathering from a few of the posts I've read. Do the pots have a delay on them and are meant to be that BIG heal in a clutch situation or after a strong attack from an enemy? Sorry I r so nub.

Axle Stonehands

How hard would it be to make unraveling runes (the total item ones) stack? I tend to make 100 or more at the time and have to chase them all over my back pack. Just an idea - no biggie. I really like the changes your hard work has brought to Pandora! (just a small kiss there, but well deserved)...

Keeblerboy

Good reply walker!   The pet heal pot can heal a max of 100 hp and has a 10 sec delay.  But if you using 2 pets that only once every 20 sec per pet. 

Cyrusmcvale

Quote from: Keeblerboy on August 12, 2013, 09:20:58 AM
Vorspire, I understand that you're very busy in game. So here is a viable solution for the pet heal pots.  Do the same as you did with bandages (patch 49.1) with more than 5 pet slot in use.  - "Healing pets with bandages will now be 5x more effective when the healer has more than 5 control slots used up."  This is a pricey donation item that needs to be worthy of being a donation item.  People will be more likely to pick up extra pet slots once this is on par for the price.   At this point greater heal works much better for more point healed and about 5-6x faster.    Consider making this a part of the next patch.     

Keeb

I havent tried the pet pot yet, waiting to sell a few things before i start getting everything i need to run two pets. For the cost of all the items (extra slots,pots and pet) and thinking the new zone mobs will have a ton of hp, im hoping the pet greater heal is effective for the cost of it.

Thanks Keeb for the review etc..

Walker

Axle what you can do in the meantime before they are stackable is clear your pack of all runes then use the organizer to put them in a specified EMPTY bag. That way you dont' have to chase them all down :)

Electo Jason

I would like to see a change with IDOC's meaning that the ones with vendors inside wont fall.  There is a few in prime area's with vendors inside that have been Demo Pending for months because the vendor is loaded with money.  I myself put a vendor in my house for this reason but if people quit the game "like 2 of the houses in luna" there is no point of keeping houses there that can hold new houses
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Silas DroSakhar

Perhaps vendors with no activity (no sales) should have a boredom timer.  If, after 15 days, there's still been no new sales, no new product placement, and the house hasn't been refreshed by the owner, the vendor should consider (maybe a 10% chance) quitting his job out of sheer boredom.  Each day after that mark, his chance of walking off the job should increase (by another 10%), until, finally, he storms out, looking to work someplace else.  Any items on the vendor, and any gold, would go to storage to await their owner, or to the owner's bank directly.  After this happens, normal decay could proceed to it's inevitable conclusion.  Times could be adjusted, of course, but it might take care of the houses using empty vendors to circumvent the house decay timers.

Honestly, the vendor thing, in my opinion, should be viewed as an exploit, and squashed with extreme prejudice, but that's just my semi-humble opinion. 
Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Electo Jason

There is 2 houses in Luna who has no items period on their vendor and have been Demo Pending for months.  If whoever owned these vendors has 1+ mill gold on their vendors they are covered for years.  If this remains all people need to do is put a vendor in their house's with nothing on it and there will never be a decay again lol.
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

drakodeath

Since you're fixing boat movement, I figured I throw this out there. You should probably also fix the dry docking seeing as I can't seem do dry dock them no matter what..no boat old boat. doesn't matter they don't dry dock. Had this problem bout a week ago (checked again bout 5 mins ago). I informed nollkoll, don't know if  he relayed the problem or if you already knew, but a simple reminder couldn't hurt right?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman