Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

PvP With AI is it Overpowered?

Started by Electo Jason, September 16, 2013, 08:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxarus

I am not sure if it's a wise or good idea to mess with the other weapon abilities. We had such a thing a while ago with spell damage and casting times. And i think the vets would agree that this also ruined some aspects of PvP.
So i wouldn't mess with something that works, theoretically. Speaking of the other abilities.

Theoretically, because atm the AI (especially Compbow and Soul Glaive) ruins everything in PvP. Just hit someone 1 to 3 times with AI and he will be dead. That's it. This is what it became.
The other abilities are awesome (some more, some less, that's normal). But the AI being overpowered as it is makes it hard and/or useless to try other abilities, especially in field. Of course there are ways. But having one ability with such an enormous damage and the others with their "normal" effects makes it silly. I cannot imagine that it can be intended for newbies to kill experienced PvPers with a few hits.^^

The best way (instead of messing with everything else now) would be to nerf the AI damage output IN PVP ONLY for every kind of weapon.
And please raise SDI cap (currently 50 in PvP) to maybe 75% and see what it does. Because atm spell combos are obsolete.

Ty
Tys

"My name is my name."

TheGrimReaper

YES!!! This is what should be done, all the abilities work like they always worked but, AI makes them all useless, PvP based on 1 ability is wrong. And who remembers the very old school PvP that easily took 3hours and not 4seconds... I remember being able to do 7vs1 in field here EVEN if they all used AI/ Mortal, now there's no chance on earth you can do that. The dmg AI used to do was like 35dmg, now over 100... Which makes no sense as average HP is about 300 And used to be like 180... That's not even half more and the dmg went over double on this ability... Cap it on like 50dmg + the hit effects you have in your weapon can then give you a chance of making 80dmg, which wouldn't be that insane and it would be the 50% chance of even getting there. Then i think it would be balanced with the others like it used to be, i don't see any needs for the changes on other abilities as they work like they should.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman