Please log in.

Publish 49.7

Started by Voxpire, January 15, 2014, 06:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voxpire

Changes - Publish 49.7
15th JAN, 2014

+ General

- Fixed an issue with overlapping houses on placement.
- Revised Medusa and changed the combat mechanics; she can now turn players to stone as well as pets and will do any of her special attacks faster as she loses health.
- Character name verification on login now uses an input gump with a random name suggestion when detecting duplicate names.
- Imbuable slayers that used White Pearls as a resource will now use Black Pearl or another appropriate resource.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Charybdis from spawning tentacles.
- Added Pyrotechnics crafting.

+ Technical

- Fixed an inherent issue with range checks falling short by a factor of 1.
- Fixed an issue with a specific property that prevents new PvP battles being created.
- Wireframes (currently used in vehicles) now implement more accurate collision detection.
- Fixed an issue with world-top-surface detection.

- More to come...

Thatperson

Cant wait to try the New leaner, meaner medusa! *rubs hands*
Keep up the good work dude, your a daemon!
one question.. on osi medusa turns players to stone, and to counter this you can slice off her scales while you fight her and make "gorgon lense charges" to apply to your headwear. one attempt of hers to turn you to stone uses 1 charge... will this be the case here?

Mr. Giggles

So did white pearls get removed or something? I cant seam to find the ones I had and I cant find any on vendors and I need 10 to make a dragon slayer ;[.......................nm dr k. helped me with some hehee

Horns Nigel

TY for everything you do here Vor, great Job....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

ChickeN

Agreed!! it truly cant be said enough.. Thanks for everyones hard work that keep making this server the best hands down OU server out there! you guys are amazing! and I cant thanks you enough.. but one more time couldn't hurt... Thank You All!

Thatperson

could you also beef up the success chance to fish up Charybdis while your at it.. that guy is almost impossible to fish up. tried it with noll the other day and it took 2 bait replenishments and a special bait created by noll with massively increased success chance to even get it up. it doesn't say which facet to look on and you only get 5 charges with below 20% success chance it seems, so you have a 50/50 chance of picking the right facet and then you blow all 5 charges catching fish even though you know your in the exact spot.
I have 120 fishing and get 100% success to pull up osireden with a white net, uoguide states that a gm fisher gets 25% chance so maybe 120 fishing isn't recognised buy Charybdis?? im just speculating there.. but anyway ill confirm that when we finally got it up he didn't spawn tentacles. it took a gm's help and lots of bait to get this guy up and it will be weeks or months before I have the bait and oracle together again and iv little hope that they will work when the time comes round again.

Voxpire

Thatperson

Voxpire

I've increased the bait chance to 25% and the charges to 10, I've also increased the range on the Oracle to make it easier and upgraded it to 10 charges.

Charybdis will be stronger and hit harder now, will have more HP, not a massive amount more though.
Charybdis will also have a chance to drop a golden metal treasure chest of a level between 2 and 5.

Going to try to add other loot to compensate for the gold rain not working on water :)

GM NollKoll

have to say, the pyrotechnic crafting, dang..  so cool =P when patch goes live, i wont be able to answer any pages anymore, i will just play around with fireworks =P
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Thatperson

ooo gold chest sounds cool, even just as a cool item to lock down if its gold hued.. he only has 30k hp so a boost wouldnt be a bad thing..
as for drops, ill throw a couple of suggestions your way..
first and foremost, ocoins.. id say charybdis is definitely the most high seas-y of the high seas bosses, yet he's the only one who doesnt drop any ocoins, first order of business id say is to give this guy some ocoins (most you get from one monster is 42 from posieden)
as for arti's, it makes sense to me to allow charybdis the chance to drop any of the high seas artis in the arti room (not ocoins store items) but the things you would have got from corgul or osireden, and the reason is this.. when you kill corgul or osireden you have a chance to get one of thier arti's. if the game decides yes to this it either gives the arti or an oracle/bait instead (not aswell) as tys has said before, the oracle seems to act as a placeholder for the arti and takes its spot in the corpse, so anytime you get an oracle/bait you know the game said yes to an arti but you missed out on it in favour of bait/oracle. tys has been here far longer than me and was convinced that osireden simply couldnt drop any arti, which goes to show how often the game chooses bait/oracle over arti's. i personally have a bag full of oracles but have never seen an arti drop on osireden and once i got a field of blades from corgul but every other time its been nothing or bait/oracle. giving charybdis the chance to drop one of thier artis would be like playing pass the parcel with arti's.. so when you know you lost out on osireden/corgul and got an oracle or bait, you get another chance to get the arti you should/could have got when you visit charybdis (not guarenteed, just a chance like any other boss of course). alas, the one thing we can be sure of is that charybdis wont drop his own bait/oracle so if the game says yes to an arti you will actually get it.
it wouldnt be exploitable because corgul is a once a day spawn and white nets are few and far between keeping osireden encounters rare, so getting both the bait and oracle takes time no matter what.
alternatively (or aswell hehe) charybdis could drop a guarenteed white fishing net which itself guarentees an encounter with osireden, which gives you another chance to get his arti (or more bait/oracles of course)
again, it isnt exploitable because you will get either the bait or the oracle so you wont be able to go round and round from osireden to charybdis all day.
the bottom line is that osi never got round to adding artis for charybdis so anything you add is more than one could expect to get from him..
anyway, food for thought, ill be happy with my gold chest and some ocoins :)

and yes im very curious about the pyrotechnics, but dont tell me anything about them noll im looking forward to the suprise :D
keep it pimpin!!

Horns Nigel

Ooooo pyrotechnics, cant wait to hear more about this....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

King Kong

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Islander

Thatperson

K so it turns out im a bit of a doosh and got my facts wrong.. Did corgul today and got his sash and an oracle in the same corpse so I guess the Oracle doesnt take the arti spot.. My bad.. Soz.. Disregard the bulk of my previous post hehe :P

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman