Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

BOD Timer

Started by Jags, April 05, 2014, 10:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercathane

There are many fantastic points made in this thread, especially made by Jags, Islander, and Ali.

Many in the community don't want to bother with BODS.  Myself included.  I feel like this change/test has already delivered its results.  JAGS is the BOD god and everyone is cool with that.  Now we have a dedicated crafter that has less reason to stay on our shard.  Changes like this make the game more insular. 

Further, several others on the shard have spoken out, that aren't nearly as established as Jags stating they aren't able to get anything worthwhile so why even bother with it. 

I like walking down the street and turning the corner to Jag's place.  He knows that Pandorians need hammers and value CBDs.  I know he sells and always has for a reasonable price and keeps his vendor stocked.  He wins, i win.  I'd tend to believe anything Ali, Jags, and Phero say on the matter of work involved.

Please reconsider the change.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

GM NollKoll

Don't worry, im working on the bod scripts atm. Reversing the timers for higher blacksmithing for example, rewards those who have got higher blacksmithing to get bods faster, Fastest will be around 40min wait to get a new bod for example, so no longer 6hours, plain GM in smith will result in around 1.5h wait to get a bod.

I will rework the reward tables as well, making so that even with a crappy large bod, you will still have a chance of getting something nice, even tho the chance of getting the reward you should get from that type of large bod will possible be larger then the chance of getting a better reward, but the possibility is there. (For example, if there is just one reward for a certain type of large bod with that number of "points", then it might be 67% chance to get the usual reward, then ofc 33% chance of getting a better reward)

The timer for getting a new bod after turning in a completed bod will still be there, but it will be at 10minutes instead of 30. I still want players to prioritize which bods to turn in, ofcourse as always, you can turn in as many bods as you like at the same time, but you wont get a new bod any faster then 10 minutes.

I think it would make more players to try out the whole bod system, and the lower new bod timer would be a nice tradeoff for having to wait 10 minutes for a new bod after turning in a complete one.
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Alifanfaron

So despite everyone telling you that the system was fine as is, and people explaining that it was already difficult enough before you stepped in to make it even harder, you decide to just keep tweaking and dictating how people should play.

This is the sort of micromanagement and economy meddling that drove a whole lot of people away, just so you know.
"Stop quoting things I never said"  -Maggdalena

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Alifanfaron on April 16, 2014, 09:49:20 AM
So despite everyone telling you that the system was fine as is, and people explaining that it was already difficult enough before you stepped in to make it even harder, you decide to just keep tweaking and dictating how people should play.

This is the sort of micromanagement and economy meddling that drove a whole lot of people away, just so you know.

The only thing that i changed before, that will be tweaked now, is the time to get a bod after turning in a complete bod, which will be a measely 10minutes. But getting new bods will be 15 times faster.. 15!!..  And the tweak with the rewards, i have not said anywhere i will remove any good rewards, the good tiers i will leave alone, i will make sure that turning in a large bod, any large bod, can be rewardful.  So for example, a tailor bod with 500 points in it, would now result in a 110 powerscroll in tailoring, and that only..  But after i change it, it can result in a runic kit or clothing bless deed, will not remove the tailoring ps, but you will get different rewards. So there is nothing to loose there.

So sure, the 30 minutes wait to get a new bod seemed to me like a small change to me, but apparently it wassnt, but when i try make it better for all, i still get flamed upon?
But..

Tyrone Biggums

Is the new rewards in place already? If so I don't mind tryin out the tailor bods for a test run to see how it goes.

Mercathane

Yeah, I agree Biggums that's really all there is to do.  Test the system and report back.  Nollkoll wants to improve the system and is open to player feedback.  I can't fault him for that and am appreciative he is open minded towards the player base.  We all want to see the shard thrive it is not an us vs them situation as might be the case on an osi shard.

I sincerely hope Jags and some of u other more dedicated crafters hang tight as I'm am certain this will be made right.  It may be slightly different but the key is making sure the time involved equals an adequate reward given.

Bodding is also a tremendous resource sink, that should be seriously thought upon going forward.  Infinite resources has always hurt UO.  We should actively encourage systems that remove stockpiles from the server.  This might eventually make resources have value.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Tyrone Biggums on April 16, 2014, 03:38:22 PM
Is the new rewards in place already? If so I don't mind tryin out the tailor bods for a test run to see how it goes.

No not yet, i will do a patch note about it. There will be various other things that i will patch aswell.. staff made stealables should work after the patch aswell, so then i will be busy placing new and cool stealables in each felucca town, and perhaps dungeons aswell. But yea, ill do a patch note whenever its been implemented. And cheers Mercathane, there will be alot of trial and error, since i want to balance alot of things, (weapon abilities for one, dont want AI the only viable option, and magery aswell, trying to bring magery into an option for players, but will take time to balance it out perfectly)
But..

Larue

I'm probably just missing something here but how will you know how to prioritize the bods you turn in if the reward tables have been modified?

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Larue on April 17, 2014, 07:46:54 AM
I'm probably just missing something here but how will you know how to prioritize the bods you turn in if the reward tables have been modified?

Large bods > small bods.. If you want to prioritize even more, find a list (or check wiki if it has been uploaded there) which type of Large bods give what, to get an approximate or what type of rewards you could get.
But..

Larue

I'm familiar with standard OSI bod reward tables...but thought you said you were modifying them?  In OSI reward table many of the large bods are discarded so you can get a replacement bod from turning in the associated smalls (along with a little gold of course).  Are you saying a new reward table will be posted...or have I completely misunderstood your intent?

GM NollKoll

Well if anyone here that keeps the wiki trimmed, i can give ya the bod info to that player. But yea, modifying the reward table a bit, should be so that all large bods got a possibility to give ya something nice atleast, but ofc. Players are free to come up with suggestions later on.
But..

Jags

I think 10 mins in between turning in bods to get new ones is still way to long. I think every 60 seconds would be good. Before u could turn in 1 every 10 seconds so thats 360 a hour. Make it 60 seconds and u cut that to 60 per hour. Honestly you should just leave it at 30 mins because 10 mins is not good either. I know i'm not going to sit there and drop 1 deed every 10 mins. I do like the 40 min wait time for 120 smiths and 1.5 hours for gm smiths.  I would like to see a bod mailbox put into the game. 1 mailbox per account. If u had 6 gm smiths on 1 account u could double click the mailbox every 1.5 hours and 6 bods would pop up in your mailbox. Instead of logging on all 6 chars and going to luna to collect the deeds.  If you had 2 120 smiths u could get 2 deeds every 40 mins. I guess you could have a tailor and smith mailbox or 1 that does both. Maybe put the mailbox in the p-coin system.

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Jags on April 19, 2014, 12:39:37 PM
I think 10 mins in between turning in bods to get new ones is still way to long. I think every 60 seconds would be good. Before u could turn in 1 every 10 seconds so thats 360 a hour. Make it 60 seconds and u cut that to 60 per hour. Honestly you should just leave it at 30 mins because 10 mins is not good either. I know i'm not going to sit there and drop 1 deed every 10 mins. I do like the 40 min wait time for 120 smiths and 1.5 hours for gm smiths.  I would like to see a bod mailbox put into the game. 1 mailbox per account. If u had 6 gm smiths on 1 account u could double click the mailbox every 1.5 hours and 6 bods would pop up in your mailbox. Instead of logging on all 6 chars and going to luna to collect the deeds.  If you had 2 120 smiths u could get 2 deeds every 40 mins. I guess you could have a tailor and smith mailbox or 1 that does both. Maybe put the mailbox in the p-coin system.

Atm the way the bod system works, the characther needs to be there at the npc, as it reads a property on said characther..  Also what i said before was not truly right, its not 40mins to get a new bod for a near legendary or legendary smith to get a new bod, it was 0.4 of an hour, so 24min even, so its extremly fast, if you compare to the 6h.. So a 10minute wait issnt something you could complain about.. I could try fix it so, if it is at 10 minutes or lower, and turning in a bod, it would remove those 10 minutes, so a total of 2 bods to reset the timer.
But..

Jags

So when will the new bods rules go into effect. I need to work on getting some chars to 120

GM NollKoll

Sent the script/script changes to the server, Vorspire just needs to take a look and implement em first
But..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman