Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

*Request* Feedback on Weapon Abilities & Magery

Started by GM NollKoll, April 17, 2014, 12:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonfalone

well about the new modifications i can understand the reducement of ai it was overpower for sure but with new bleed attack i dont agree at all on armor ignore you had the chance to heal or run away but with bleed and with a simple fb spam its even worse then ai . the logic of this improvement makes my stomach sick because this is simply taking some overpower from some specific weapons and giving that overpower to other specific weapons . i definitly do not agree with this !

GM NollKoll

Quote from: gonfalone on April 24, 2014, 05:35:56 AM
well about the new modifications i can understand the reducement of ai it was overpower for sure but with new bleed attack i dont agree at all on armor ignore you had the chance to heal or run away but with bleed and with a simple fb spam its even worse then ai . the logic of this improvement makes my stomach sick because this is simply taking some overpower from some specific weapons and giving that overpower to other specific weapons . i definitly do not agree with this !

Well if AI was nerfed too hard, it will be brought up again.. And if bleed is overpowered, well take a guess what we will do then ^^. As i said several times, it will take time to balance all the weapon abilities, but hang in there
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

zaxarus

Quote from: gonfalone on April 24, 2014, 05:35:56 AM

Athough we are in one guild... i must disagree. We talked about it. But well..

Tested Bleed and also Concussion with Grim. AI now does about 80 damage (max.). It does what it has to do, ignoring armor and therefore doing high damage. Bleed and also Concussion do less than AI (and that's alright).
And who said you cannot heal when you get hit by a Bleed Attack? You can apply bandies, you can cast greater heal. All it does is interrupting which makes it a little harder. That's the purpose of Bleed.
So i strongly disagree.
It's not that Bleed is as effective as Mortal now..^^ Cause it's Mortal that destroys your healing, not Bleed...

Also:
A Fireball spam is not able to kill anyone. Casting Fireballs though is a good way to finish someone who is already almost dead or uses a range weapon and keeps distance... just examples.
And of course you can get killed by a successful Bleed Attack and some spells... because it is a combination of those. Maybe you should heal yourself from time to time.
You wanna complain everytime now after you died?

I really disagree... and, sorry, i've tried to explain to you several times...

Tys

"My name is my name."

gonfalone

well i ve experienced it two times and i still disagree now with the new rates while i was using my bandage macro which you sent me :) i couldnt even heal once in pvp arena i had hammer pick and kryss in my hand  and i got killed with a clever of course there are some thngs i dont use yet about spells im still learnng but the issue we are discussing is damage rates of weapon abilities and when we do that with a simple clever it takes seconds to get dead i ve experienced this times myself with grim . its not about me crying over dying i ve also killed you with compbow ai its not the issue of me gettng killed or cryn about it the GMs are going to decide what to do anyways . im just telling what i think and what i experienced . i think armor ignore is reduced too much as Noll mentioned on his answer but i can agree with that im not complaining because ai is reduced im complaining because of the damage rate of bleed attack has got now its what i think ....

TheGrimReaper

When you are hit by bleed, first of all first thing you do is greater heal and let bandies take the bleed away, cos Gheal heals you even tho you are hit by bleed, if you don't Gheal yourself it takes 2 bandies to heal you. AI is ''easymode'' for PvP, especially the hammer pick which has mortal and AI, you can kill anyone with it fast, just hit with mortal and rest is AI spam. I find them all VERY balanced even reminds me of the days it used to be that AI did about 40dmg total. And bleed being ''OP'' is a lie, most of us PvPers have at least 450HP and we used to have 187... Bleed used to do with 187 HP about 5-13 dmg, now we do the math there, 187 + 187 = 374 so now count the dmg 13 + 13 = 26 (For 374 HP), and now we do max 22 and that's not even double that old dmg we did and i have about 70HP more than 374 hp now. So we do less than we should compared to HP we have with bleed. And it even lowers down to 15 and then 5-3. So what's unbalanced here?

gonfalone

well. now i get it with the gr8r heal detail i ddnt know that it would heal even if u bleed and i also thought because on this subject it wrote 40 damage but i also now understand that its not 40 as i think . thanks for the explanations especially with grims detailed explanation now i get it thanks for the information .now  i agree that its fair. with all the numbers and details .

rocktuff

I myself think the nerf to AI was a bit too mych espically in pvm.. Bigger thing for me is the need to increase all spells. To play a pure caster on our server is usless.. Everything is weapon based which isn't fair to peole whom loved to cast spells from a distance....
Long Live John Elway

zaxarus

Maybe it is possible to change the dmg output in PVM ONLY?

Tys

"My name is my name."

GM NollKoll

Yea its possible.. But with the nerf on AI and the weapon itself that was used for Armor Ignore (which lost alot of base dmg, bringing em back to osi standards)..

Had a thought about increasing the dmg bonus from anatomy & tactics (for all that got over 100% in the skill)

But how is PvP now adays after the weapon damage got osi standardized? If its fine, i might fix something up for PvM
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Horns Nigel

To be honest, I really havnt noticed a differance, seems like I can still kill monsters just as fast as before, but like anyone I will take the highest damage that the shard allows per weapon, like anyone here I will take what I can get.
Since a rarely do any PVP like some here, I have nothing really to compare it too on that front.
What I would like to know is how people are getting that Hailstorm with there weapons, or maybe it just looks that way, is it a macro or could someone please show me how to add it to my arsenal because it looks like it does a ton of damage.

Oh and it looks cool too   :P ....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

zaxarus

There is a difference, Nigel. But maybe you are the only exception? ^^

Tys

"My name is my name."

Mercathane

Nigel your talking about the magic short bow.  Lighting arrow is the weapon ability for PvM mainly. Great PvM weapon.  Also what blackmyst was using in that big doom coliseum scrap before I killed him.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

zaxarus

To your question, Noll:

Imho the weapon abilities & damage/effects are working properly in PvP. It's not overdone, it's not too weak.
Generally speaking I'd say that spell casting should be more prominent as PvP always has been more spell related while weapon abilities acted as supporting measures. Not talking about pure mages, talking about the pandorian way (all skills etc etc.).
(This does not include your equilibrium idea. It could be something for players who want to go as pure mages. But I think everyone could need some tweaks when it comes to casting times for example. High level spells like Flamestrike or Explosion for example take a lot of time. Bad for combos. Of course this is just a personal impression...)

Edit:
Yesterday I spoke to Silent Echo, also had a conversation with Grim about it. As I told you it seems that Fireballs interrupt Healing (which we thought shouldn't happen since it does max. 25 damage). Out of 10 Fireballs you maybe heal one or two times, the rest fails.
UO Guide though says:
QuoteInterruption will occur if the healer is hit for more than 26 damage by a monster or more than 19 damage by another player. The amount of damage healed will be reduced by 35% per interruption
I also sent a message to Vorspire if he can confirm this. Always thought dmg per hit should be higher than that to interrupt healing. With 120 Healing you fail when a FB hits you. Even under 19 damage I think. Is this intended?
Theoretically you could just poison, spam FB, hit with Mortal and be done with it.
(This is of course open for discussion. I am not 100% sure if I like this idea of interruption being so easy.)

As for PvM:
Change is requested... ;)

Tys

"My name is my name."

Tyrone Biggums

I do agree about the fireball spam. I mean there are ways to heal thru it but it's a real pain. A few of us practice healing thru it with mini heals and such but it shouldn't interrupt bandys when your 120 healing and have over 200 dex.

Also I would LOVE to see AI do more DMG in PvM only.

zaxarus

Just to push it...^^

And, Noll:
QuoteHad a thought about increasing the dmg bonus from anatomy & tactics (for all that got over 100% in the skill)
This would not work. Because it would affect the PvP damage also.

I still think that a change in the direct dmg output of AI in PvM would be what we need. Simple as that...
Tys

"My name is my name."

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111