Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Saturday the 9th of August*, The event every staffmember dreams off!**

Started by GM NollKoll, August 01, 2014, 06:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Ok, just to stretch a bit on the suspension here a tad.. Just want to explain that a childhood friend will come and visit me for a week, coming the 8th of August.

And to the event idea itself, if i can convince him to do it* (he have played around 10 min of uo in his whole life, this was 5+ years ago).
I will prepare with a square arena, and my characther will slaughter the lot of you!**, that sounds fun, doesnt it?..  But heres the possible fun bit, he will do the slaughter, so there will be no favoritism etc.
(if i would be in charge, i would pick my favourites off first muhaha). But yea, probably my famous pitchfork will do the trick here.

This could be done in several ways.
main setup:
1) Everyone in the same team, last player standing.
2) Two or more teams, none colored, so u kinda need to be in a party, when one team is wiped, the other team wins., could perhaps add a title or something to seperate the teams.

sub-setup:
a)You could camo as npcs, i might spawn attackable bankers or something within the arena, some in a patrolling area, so some might run around as much as they can, some might mimic the clothing of the banker, and try walk in the same patrol, i will show him how a banker looks like etc, and tell him the camo setup.
b)a setup for the main setup no2, each team gets a leader, when the leader is down, the other team wins, or if 3 or more teams, when the other leaders are down. This way, other teammates might try taunt or lure etc, sacrifice for the good of the team.
c) that i could be killable, so you have to talk with your team, if you wanna go offensive or defensive, ofc i will tell him to focus on the attackers, and i wont be an easy target!, if i go down, the remaining players win.
d)have upto 3-5 bandages, everlasting bandages is something you have to put in bank., ressing teammates, or healing yourself if you are lucky enough to escape the long range of the pitchfork!

Yea, bring me feedback, this is not a joke =P i thought it might be fun with a chaotic lottery event, where everything could happen hehe

And furthur explanation of the asterixes.
*Its upto him if he wants to do it or not
**Which staffmember wouldnt want to slaugher all players in an event like this? alas it will be my friend, but i will be next to him and laugh ^^
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Miki McNaughty

Sounds fun Noll! Might just get your friend interested enough to play Pandora!!   Miki
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

Tyrone Biggums

Is there a set time for this? I have a prior engagement tht I can't miss but I will leave early if I have to.

Also I like the idea of us killing him and the person that does the most damage gets nolls head.

Balinor

My son and I both suck at pvp but we would be happy to be fodder to entice your friend to join the dark side that is UO.   

What time would the event happen?

GM NollKoll

Probably around 6pm ET, so midnight for us, but should be ok. I will try post a "OK" sign inbeforehand if he says its ok.. and its not PvP, its slaughter =P But since he is an impartial factor, it would just be down to luck & survival skills (if bandages is voted, and/or the ability to blend in with npcs and/or the ability to evade his way of targeting players)
But..

Tyrone Biggums

The time sounds good for me, time to make better healing macros...

Balinor

Ya, any advice for a good healing macro would be greatly appreciated.   We use uosteam not easyuo.

Currently our heal macro is bandage self.  :)  We play simple.

GM NollKoll

its not even sure your allowed to heal, and if you are.. its 3-5 times max.. feel free to tell me how you want the main rules setup ^^
But..

Balinor

Quote from: GM NollKoll on August 06, 2014, 09:14:12 AM
its not even sure your allowed to heal, and if you are.. its 3-5 times max.. feel free to tell me how you want the main rules setup ^^

Oh.  I am not very familiar with the rules of pvp battles.  But a good heal macro would be nice regardless even for normal game play.   Something to keep me alive with Neira would be great.  :)

Tyrone Biggums

Well there is  a lot of ways to heal without bandys, heal, greater heal, spirit speak, confidence (prolly more but that's what i use)

anywho ummm not sure what u mean for rules. I'm fine with whatever you come up with because even tho it isn't you playing your standing next to him and I feel like I'm going to be attacked early on :P

GM NollKoll

Quote from: GM NollKoll on August 01, 2014, 06:34:46 AM

This could be done in several ways.
main setup:
1) Everyone in the same team, last player standing.
2) Two or more teams, none colored, so u kinda need to be in a party, when one team is wiped, the other team wins., could perhaps add a title or something to seperate the teams.

sub-setup:
a)You could camo as npcs, i might spawn attackable bankers or something within the arena, some in a patrolling area, so some might run around as much as they can, some might mimic the clothing of the banker, and try walk in the same patrol, i will show him how a banker looks like etc, and tell him the camo setup.
b)a setup for the main setup no2, each team gets a leader, when the leader is down, the other team wins, or if 3 or more teams, when the other leaders are down. This way, other teammates might try taunt or lure etc, sacrifice for the good of the team.
c) that i could be killable, so you have to talk with your team, if you wanna go offensive or defensive, ofc i will tell him to focus on the attackers, and i wont be an easy target!, if i go down, the remaining players win.
d)have upto 3-5 bandages, everlasting bandages is something you have to put in bank., ressing teammates, or healing yourself if you are lucky enough to escape the long range of the pitchfork!

This is what i meant with rules. And if he declines, or we decide we gonna do something els, which we might, i could just have an npc (or 3+)..   semi like a champ spawn, but bosses only, and they will be harder and harder until everyone dies, but the last one standing will win, killing each tier of boss, will net in a greater reward for the last man standing... or something..  (but would be held the week after)
But..

GM NollKoll

couldnt alas convince him =P and we prob. will have other things to do.. so lets go with plan B next week ^^.. was a fun idea tho =P
But..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman