Please log in.

Micro Patch 50 - Old School Insula

Started by King Kong, August 11, 2014, 11:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Will effect brand new players...

- We migrated to a new server... You folks should have a better connection and stronger ping. I personally do and the new one is farther away from me.

- New Players will start in Insula near Training Elementals
(Was like this on Pandora for 3 years. Worked well)... So try and hang out in Insula everyone, it is a great community spot. Can't get hurt like Luna.

- New Players will now start with a Skill Codex of 3 skills at 75.
(Was like this on Pandora for 3 years. Worked well)

Many skills you can get GM right inside Insula and being AFK... Others are fun to get... This is my own feelings and has been reflected by some vets. This will give more achievement at the start and allow the learning curve for our shard to be much more efficient... It also allows Vets to help New Players easier without the huge risk.

- New Players will no longer start with the Imbuing Bag.
I have placed a Soul Forge in Insula so they can smelt weapons from new player dungeon.

- New Players will no longer instantly learn all recipes for Imbuing etc.
This will give more achievements for newer players while also stimulating the economy between New and Vets. (It will take some time to see this really take effect, but I believe it will) Newer folks will want to work to pay vets who have the recipe and that means legit trading, not just bumming.

Small patch. New Server. GO HANG OUT IN INSULA!

- King <3

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Horns Nigel

Great job Kon,
I know I have mentioned this before, but I still maintain that the town of New Insula might be a better spot to go back too.
The bank is right there, the training area and vendors are close, players can build homes there etc...
When I started here, that is where the players hung out, as a new player I could find the Vets, ask questions, shop for items.

Also, since it is a town it gave you a great sense of what you you could expect here, it was also fun to explore, just a thought....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

d35tr0y

Love the fact that we are going back to 3 skills at 75 I came on board when we were like this and it was one of the first things that kept me here give something to work at thank you
Founder of Lost Souls (soul)

Balinor

I love all of these changes, when I started here I was disappointed to discover that there was a gm all skills ball.   I worked all of my main skills to gm before I used mine. 

I have a couple questions though-

1 - You stated there is a Soul Forge so that players can smelt the looted gear for materials.   The last I knew smelting does not result in materials only ingots, and you must make and use unravel runes to get materials.  Please correct me if I am wrong or will this be a new feature.

2 - Regarding recipes for Imbuing - Before coming here I have never played a shard that had imbueing.  Where would a person find the recipes and would they be one time use or permanently added to the players list of options. 

3 - I would like you to consider revising the new player equipment the 90% lrc suit is nice but with out some real imbue upgrades it is not effective for most new players outside of macroing.   If you are going to take away the gm all skill why entice a new player just to macro thier playing time away.

I suggest a decent suit of gear that has good resist and lrc as well as a decent weapon with a couple good properties on it to make them able to play for skill gain instead of macroing afk. 

4 - Perhaps a book or three in the back pack describing some of the things vet players take for granted.  How to set up effective attack and heal hot keys in uosteam or razor.  New player quest info and what gear can be obtained from it.  A rune book with starter runes to Luna, WBB, New player dungeon, etc. 

sorry so long

Balinor

Now that it is three skills 75 to begin consider making a gm all skill ball a pbuck item to promote donations from serious new players who don't want the grind and make the starting stat ball a reusable item. 

Stats are something that do not stay the same many times for players upgrading thier gear.   At the beginning they balance them out to give them survivability.   Later they get stat scrolls and need to revamp them to get gains.   Finially after getting good gear they want to tailor them to compensate for the stat bonuses gear gives to maximize hit point potential.   Having to pay everytime you want to do that seems unfair since game play does not allow you to take stats over 150.

King Kong

Yes understood.

The GM All Skills is back in Donation Store like it was before.

ChickeN

I agree that the GM all skill's should be back in donation room but to be completely honestet.. the skill ball is only 3 Pbuck's.. and to make it ever lasting would be a discredit to the server.. at 3 bucks in all honesty if you need it more than once and cant afford it in RL you can always use the time it will take to gain the power to use it while earning the loot to buy the buck's in game... just imo...

Balinor

Quote from: ChickeN on August 12, 2014, 09:39:25 PM
I agree that the GM all skill's should be back in donation room but to be completely honestet.. the skill ball is only 3 Pbuck's.. and to make it ever lasting would be a discredit to the server.. at 3 bucks in all honesty if you need it more than once and cant afford it in RL you can always use the time it will take to gain the power to use it while earning the loot to buy the buck's in game... just imo...

I have no problem donating when I want something.   Mostly gold at first but now I am looking at other items.  The problem is that donation money can be spent on much cooler items, and now that you dont get full skills, why not let a player have control over his stats.   I would care less if stats could be worked to where you want them but in game maxes out at 150 even though there is no cap. 

King Kong

Quote from: Balinor on August 12, 2014, 10:23:55 PM
Quote from: ChickeN on August 12, 2014, 09:39:25 PM

I have no problem donating when I want something.   Mostly gold at first but now I am looking at other items.  The problem is that donation money can be spent on much cooler items, and now that you dont get full skills, why not let a player have control over his stats.   I would care less if stats could be worked to where you want them but in game maxes out at 150 even though there is no cap.

Stat Ball adjusted to the price of only 1 Pandora Buck in Donation Store. -- That's fair enough.

Tyrone Biggums

Every shard I have restarted on the donation chest (which i am currently trying to refill) and a newbie dungeon has been the BEST way to gain skills and gold and items to get me  started. I'm not sure if we still have one, but if we do the end should have an easy pcoin boss that drops 1-3 pcoins. Jus my opinion, but when I start over (i've done many times) this is where I spend my first few days or even weeks on harder servers.

King Kong

Quote from: Tyrone Biggums on August 13, 2014, 02:47:47 PM
Every shard I have restarted on the donation chest (which i am currently trying to refill) and a newbie dungeon has been the BEST way to gain skills and gold and items to get me  started. I'm not sure if we still have one, but if we do the end should have an easy pcoin boss that drops 1-3 pcoins. Jus my opinion, but when I start over (i've done many times) this is where I spend my first few days or even weeks on harder servers.

I believe we still have the mini p coin mobs in the world that are much easier than the normal ones.

DamJ.NeT

Exactly Tyrone, I was thinking the same about the doni chest. Yes we still have one but it's empty. Yesterday we talked about it with Chicken, decided to begin to fill it again. Personnaly if I start on a new shard and the chest is empty, it looks like ghost or greedy server ehe.

ChickeN

Tyrone is heading the charge!! he's been filling all day, with everything from tali's to jewles.. to gear and PS's.. lets all follow his lead... Plz Donate any un needed or unused items by using command [donate...

Tyrone Biggums

Oh that thing isn't empty now :P It gave me a reason to hunt today.

Balinor

I just placed a new house and am using the move as an excuse to clean out my chest.

I have never seen the donation chest, what types, and power of items would be good to donate.  I don't want to donate just crap items.  Are fully imbued items to powerful.   I have a lot of low ps I can donate as well.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman