Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

-ping/Lag

Started by d35tr0y, August 12, 2014, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Chicken was freezing a lot -- then he updated his client and it stopped.

I don't think that is the only reason.. But everyone now make sure to go update your clients all the way.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Tyrone Biggums

I  think Chicken was complaining about losing conn a lot and after he updated that stopped. I could be wrong tho.

Anyways good news is that all the places I used to recall to and lose conn doesn't happen anymore. I can recall around, even to Luna, and not lose conn.

I fully updated and went to kill Meph (thanks to whoever left him up) and it was going great till he was down to 20k hp. I was AI spamming the whole fight and when he  started to run away I lost conn 2 times before he died and once while the gold was falling. No pet. This  was in Terra Keep.

I'm trying to check out all the different areas. Last night at the marble champ I was trying to kill a rat spawn only using wither and lost conn 3 times before I made it to 2nd level.

Balinor

I too can now run through Luna like a champ.   I have not been hunting since the first day of the new server so I am not sure how the crashes are still affecting me.  I will give it a go this weekend. 

On the other hand it was nice to have an excuse just to sit and work on my new house, btw carpeting a house is expensive 200k in wool and dyes and I am still not done.

magentra

I updated also but still are having some issues. I was killing sand crabs in all locations and with a greater dragon and was losing connection repeatedly. I switched to a Cu and did better. Also, I went to the pvm event and used no pets and still froze up and lost connection. Hope this helps.

Balinor

Walked into the bedlam champ today and froze before anything even targeted me.  No pet, No macro running.   Logged back in and taking it slow so far no second freeze.

magentra

Still locking up at the twisted weald with a greater dragon. start out ok til i work my way down and corpses build up. I also use animate dead.

Tyrone Biggums

it is getting better. i did a whole spiders spawn at ice last night and didn't freeze once. I did freeze running around Destard and froze 3 times killing Abyssal tho.

Was provoking Dragons and didn't seem to freeze either. I froze while just running not while using the skill.

Also is it going to stay this way with not showing the monsters hp? It's % now instead  of how many hp.

And what's with the gender of pets? More to come in the next patch?  :D

Edit*

Also the check thing while grabbing. I liked the plat bars to add to the check book but if it's to help the freezing then hey whatever

magentra

Its not getting any better for me. The twisted weald is out for me. I lock up there every time, even without a pet. So i decided to try the pixie renoun spawn.  I started with no pet and locked up. Used a Cu and locked up. Tried a Greater dragon and locked up. Tried with no macros and still locked up. I finished the spawn but probably locked up and had to relog at least 20 times. Now, I have never locked up doing the  stealable items or taming to fill taming bods. Unfortunately those are pretty boring. I have no answers but thats the results I have been getting. I love this shard, I hope this can be resolved soon.

GM NollKoll

what assist program are you all using?
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

magentra

Tyrone Biggums

Miki McNaughty

Razor complete new download completely patched Still freezing even doing Tmaps no pets
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

magentra

Is there any new thoughts or fixes for the freezing up problem? It really has gotten worse for me. I'm freezing up fighting one on one mobs now. I even froze up out in the middle of the ocean fighting just one kracken.

Balinor

Quote from: magentra on August 29, 2014, 06:48:15 AM
Is there any new thoughts or fixes for the freezing up problem? It really has gotten worse for me. I'm freezing up fighting one on one mobs now. I even froze up out in the middle of the ocean fighting just one kracken.

It has become somewhat of a nuisance.  I for one have not been playing as much since the server moved and if the traffic on these forums is any indication others have not been around as much either. 

I have been trying to find other things to do bods, gardening, upgrading my gear. But I am missing taking the boys out for hunts because they just get discouraged when we have to constantly reconnect and hope we don't sign on dead.

Horns Nigel

Im beginning to wonder if this is still our server issue, I say that because its just not happening to me anymore.
I use comcast which I can usually blame everything on, but in this case it seems to get better for me every day, especially in Luna, I flew thru there last night at full speed with no lag or stops, that hasnt happened in a very long time.
I also havnt crashed now in the last week, that also hasnt happened in a long time for me, just putting it out there....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111