Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

-ping/Lag

Started by d35tr0y, August 12, 2014, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balinor

Quote from: Horns Nigel on August 29, 2014, 07:16:45 PM
Im beginning to wonder if this is still our server issue, I say that because its just not happening to me anymore.
I use comcast which I can usually blame everything on, but in this case it seems to get better for me every day, especially in Luna, I flew thru there last night at full speed with no lag or stops, that hasnt happened in a very long time.
I also havnt crashed now in the last week, that also hasnt happened in a long time for me, just putting it out there....Nigel

To be honest Luna was my biggest enemy until the server switch.   Day one of the switch I can run all through luna and not crash, sometimes I lag a bit but I never crash.   But I freeze like crazy when fighting mobs especially in dungeons but not restricted to it.

DamJ.NeT

Yeah I've stopped playing too, my shitty connection + those freeze were too much to handle... But I believe Vorsp found the bug and is about to fix it.

Anyway I hope the serv gets back to normal soon so you guys can enjoy it fully.

For my part I'm traveling again tomorrow, so I think I won't be around for a while... (months to a year) !

See ya and take care !

GM NollKoll

Enjoy your travel DamJ!

And about the luna terror, the freeze issue is due to several reasons, a few of them we have found.

The massive item load in Luna was due to a parallell processing of information, regarding the classic serial processing. Some computer wiz will probably kill me for this metaphor, but see it as filling a bathtub with water, and you have a large variety of bottles, of various sizes.
Parallell processing would mean that you tip each bottle, and lay it on its longside, so each bottle is pouring out its content at the same time(and they are shaped so they will be completly empty, so that bottleneck shape aint viable here in my metaphor hehe)
Meanwhiles serial processing would be take one bottle at a time, hold it upside down and when its empty ,take the next. Each bottle would empty quicker, but you quickly realize if there are many bottles, this is the slowest.

Apparently the client itself, or each assist program, having issues with the parallell processing, alas, causing it to overload or something, but yea freeze. (you cant recieve more info packets, but you can still send like a very very few packets after a freeze, like walk a tile or 3)

Then there is the fancy prancy animal lore info, this was a massive improvement on the whole animal lore, and general gameplay, but apparently.. It had its downside. You may have noticed the attempts to slim it down, and general overhauls thats not visible ingame.

There could ofcourse be different factors, why the client freezes, but yea, hope that some information cleared up, and were fighting it!
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman