Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Freeze ups getting much worse

Started by Balinor, September 20, 2014, 11:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balinor

So the freeze up problem has evolved into full blown disconnecting with a very hard time reconnecting for many people. 

We are all trying to be patient while the problem is being addressed but lately it's making it hard to do anything in game.  I have been disconnected while just standing still and talking in world chat. 

I am not sure of the solution but the problem is getting so bad it is going to be hard to keep new players who's first impression of our shard is unstable.

GM NollKoll

will do a server restart, (doing the warning countdown atm)... probably becouse server been running for 2 weeks or so in a row.. needs a restart now and then
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Balinor

cool, I was hoping you or Kon would be around to do a reboot. 

Horns Nigel

Don't know if this has any merit, but I just upgraded to Comcast's fastest internet, its gonna cost me, but the game has never run faster of better for me, do different connections and or speeds make a diff?...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Tyrone Biggums

there's some areas in the game I don't freeze what so ever. other places i'll freeze log back in and freeze again. not sure if it's certain areas in the maps that cause the freeze or what but ive went full nights without freezing once lately then i'll be on for 20 mins and freeze 5 times somewhere else

Balinor

Normally I would agree with you.  I can run the Yamatsu mines with maybe one or two freeze ups and most of the classic dungeons I barely freeze.   

This post specifically was regarding the past two days where it was non stop crashing but that seemed to stop after Nollkoll rebooted the server.

Tyrone Biggums

ah i gotcha. the worst for my lately is the lost lands. some reason t2a hates me.

GM NollKoll

So if we talk about regions, not sure if this has anything to do with it, but might be good to look into..

yamatsu mines & T2A (felucca only?) are bad
So yea, could you fill in some regions that are extremly bad, and if its in trammel/felucca only.. or both..
But..

Tyrone Biggums

for me personally the worst places are primevil lich spawn. Khaldun champ spawn. pretty much all t2a fel. that's the most of where i crash ATM

GM NollKoll

try run around in trammel..  i could try setup a champ in trammel t2a tomorrow.. see if there is any difference
But..

Balinor

Actually I freeze up everywhere Yamatso mines are not the worst for me they are one of the lesser freeze ups.

The most common freeze ups for me happen in areas with large spawn.  But not all champs.  Outdoor champs like in t2a are pretty decent for me most of the time, same with Rikktor in Destard. 

The Tokuno champ spawn will freeze me all the time. 
The Bedlam Champ freezes me a lot until I thin the mobs down. 

I sometimes freeze just when running into a screen with only a few mobs especially when their names appear or when I hit for my first strike.

I guess what I am saying is there is no certain region that causes it for me more of a situational thing.

RC_Junkie

the pixie mini champ was great untill pixi renound shows up then it is a freeze fest, i am lucky to be able to recall out before another freeze happens.most of the minichamp spawns are quite bad for me. have to agree on yamasuto mines as well, the other night at baracoon i kept freezing up only after the champ had spawned,

King Kong

This is priority number 1, it has been -- It has gotten better, but not completely gone (which is unacceptable) --  It will be nuked, it's just more complicated than it might seem.

Thank you guys for the patience & this annoying bump in a pristine 5 year history.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Tyrone Biggums

Is there any updates on the freezes? It's getting really bad at the gys. As soon as you log on you freeze up right again. I'm getting texts about my best friends not wanting to log in because they can't handle not being able to not only spawn but also do event  this is very upsetting to me considering I do quite a lot to try and promote and get people I stay. I'm just wondering if there is any update we can give to these players to ease their minds and hopefully make they log back in.  I understand this is a grueling process to try and fix I would just like to give some players piece of mind where we stand on the fix. Its been a few weeks since an update.

This is not a complaint I just don't want to lose my best friends over this.

zaxarus

After latest (client) patch and also following Noll's instructions (again^^) i froze multiple times in less than 5 mins.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111