Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Spell damage increase items..

Started by Balinor, September 23, 2014, 12:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balinor

My friend returning to Pandora wants to focus as a caster template.  Since we will mostly be playing as a group I think it wouldn't hurt to change the typical equipment build to increase his effectiveness.  Are there any items that add spell damage increase to slots normally unable to be imbued with it?   Or current slots but more than 15%?

Thanks

Ururun

There's the spellbook from ToT that has 25%, Crystalline Ring from Shimmering Effusion that has 50%(!) and a few doom artifacts, I know for sure Holy Knight breastplate with 10%, Divine Countenance 10%, and Midnight Bracers with 10%. All three are armor/clothing where you normally can't imbue it. I think there are other Doom artifacts but those are the only ones I remember for sure. So those should give you a pretty good head start!

Balinor

Quote from: Ururun on September 23, 2014, 02:29:48 PM
There's the spellbook from ToT that has 25%, Crystalline Ring from Shimmering Effusion that has 50%(!) and a few doom artifacts, I know for sure Holy Knight breastplate with 10%, Divine Countenance 10%, and Midnight Bracers with 10%. All three are armor/clothing where you normally can't imbue it. I think there are other Doom artifacts but those are the only ones I remember for sure. So those should give you a pretty good head start!

Crystalline ring has 50% SDi here?  Uoguide listed it at 20 and I thought that was great.  Looks like im farming shimmering.

Thanks for the info.

Tyrone Biggums

My suit on Tyrone is based around the most sdi as u can get. I don't run hat of magi or kasa of rajin which both have sdi but my ornate helm does have some sdi. And yea that 50 from crystalline is huge. I do believe our cap for PvM is 150 sdi according to our wiki. I'll pm u what else I use when I get outta work.

GM NollKoll

And to bring some hopes up for those mage lovers, balancing magery into equality here is on my todo list, just a fyi..   So instead of warriors that using magery to help em, we could see mages with the help of weapons to help em instead in the meta and top pvp leader boards..   
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

King Kong

Quote from: GM NollKoll on September 24, 2014, 08:47:06 AM
And to bring some hopes up for those mage lovers, balancing magery into equality here is on my todo list, just a fyi..   So instead of warriors that using magery to help em, we could see mages with the help of weapons to help em instead in the meta and top pvp leader boards..

I back you on this Noll -- Are there any pure mages right now? Any suggestions to make that possibly viable if not?

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Tyrone Biggums

I'm not a pure mage but i have played them for years. The only way I can see it working on this shard is to give players that use a spell book a reason to use it. the specials on weapons out weigh any reason to use spells. Things like infecting, AI, mortal, bleed make there no reason to use a spell book. disarm isn't bad but you can re equip kinda fast and para blow doesn't last long enough to really do anything. Just my thoughts

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Konstantine on September 25, 2014, 05:08:31 PM
Quote from: GM NollKoll on September 24, 2014, 08:47:06 AM

I back you on this Noll -- Are there any pure mages right now? Any suggestions to make that possibly viable if not?

I got an idea depending on how much int a player has, they gain a spell armor ignore kinda deal. I got some minions that is working out how much int you can possible get without donations etc. And where does the int priority hurt other abilities. I.E. When does a "Dexxer" start loosing DPS from having more Int then dex/str. Around there the first level of spell armor ignore comes in effect, and it increases to near the max int a player can have without donation stuff (which is basicly the 6 int you can have on robe if i remember it correctly)
But..

Balinor

What do you consider the best possible Stat without equipment enhancement?  With a stat ball you could possibly have 10 str, 10 dex and 315 int if you were fully stat scrolled.   Of course that is obviously not going to be the case.    With out a stat ball you can work a stat to 150 max. Add 15 for each jewelry and talisman and you have 225 base int without rare or artifact gear.

I believe 205 is minimum dex needed for best swing speed and bandage speed.  I will have to check again when I get home. 

GM NollKoll

I think 450 or 500 int was near the max you could get.  Do not remember..

And forgot to mention, the spell timings and damages will be overlooked, and that armor ignore deal might have a buffer "you need to break", if you do perhaps 40% armor ignore damage, lets say you do a whopping 200 damage with a flamestrike (against 0 resist scenario).
80 damage will be pure damage on health, meanwhiles 120 damage will check fireresist, and result in 36 damage vs full fire resist. The wall might consist of a "hp wall" that the armor ignore spell damage must overcome first, ie a 10hp wall for each spell, so 80-10 damage will result in 70 pure damage, plus 36 resisted damage, and a grand total of 106 damage.

This whole deal is to counter fireball/lightning/harm spells spam, thus almost nulling the whole penetration part of the spell.

Still trying to figure out some areas ofcourse, i mentioned earlier i wanted a magic combo wombo deal or "magic equalibrium", where casting spells with different elemental damages in succession would increase the total spell damage done, to a max of XX% damage increase. But spamming the same elemental spell over and over again, would result in a negative damage "debuff". And perhaps at max "buff" level, you might gain other properties aswell to a spell, i.e. a flamestrike could burn the target, paralyze would always hit etc. Got alot of ideas how to balance it out in some way or another.
But..

Horns Nigel

Noll, If you can pull this off it will attract new players from other shards as from what I can tell no one else has really tried this yet.
I am set up very nicely to be a pure mage, and will give it a shot when your implemented...

We should really go out of way to let the world of UO know what your up to with this, put it on the opening of our website etc....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

GM NollKoll

Dont get your hopes up that it will happen anytime soon, still ALOT of tests is required, and other things prioritized atm, as in the whole annoying freezing issues
But..

Balinor

Quote from: GM NollKoll on September 26, 2014, 01:03:57 PM
Dont get your hopes up that it will happen anytime soon, still ALOT of tests is required, and other things prioritized atm, as in the whole annoying freezing issues

Speaking of other things to do, is adding items to the Resource chest something that is very hard to do.  The crystals used to go in there but no longer do, although Nox crystals which are the same graphic do. 

Tyrone Biggums

As far as the different spells leading up to a higher dmg by using different ones the only problem i see here as to do combos well you need counter spells in between. anyone who has dueled top mages on ANY shard knows in between each spell that is used for dmg you use a spell to make sure they wont cast something. magic arrow works great because of  its time release. so now in between instead of just casting that we would use other fast spells?

GM NollKoll

Its just an idea i got, which could be implemented after. The armor ignore deal should be a tad easier to figure out how to make it balanced and viable ingame (and also script it)
But..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman