Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Difficulties Logging In

Started by Noctural, September 29, 2014, 02:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noctural

Hello all, it seems I'm having an issue with a problem logging in.. Every time I try to log in, on any of my lap tops or my tower, I get the exact same message every time. I uninstalled the UO client, installed it back in, patched it, and still nothing. I've tried Razor/Steam/Assist, and nothing seems to work. If someone has had this issue, or know how to resolve it, much would be appreciated to give me a hand!

Balinor

Quote from: Noctural on September 29, 2014, 02:30:35 PM
Hello all, it seems I'm having an issue with a problem logging in.. Every time I try to log in, on any of my lap tops or my tower, I get the exact same message every time. I uninstalled the UO client, installed it back in, patched it, and still nothing. I've tried Razor/Steam/Assist, and nothing seems to work. If someone has had this issue, or know how to resolve it, much would be appreciated to give me a hand!

Could you be specific as to what the message says.

Are you running both the uo client and your log in program as admin?

Noctural

If I try getting on without running admin, I get the what you see on the picture. Running admin, it stays at "verifying account" without doing anything.

Balinor

I'm sorry, I completely took the picture at first glance just to be a signature of some sort. 

Usually when I am stuck at verifying account it is either that I typed in my password wrong or that the server itself is having issues.   Since no one else today has reported issues then it seems to be on your end. 

a few things to try. 

If you are new try to create a different account and password.
If you are already a pandora player try another account or try to create a test account.
Try to log into another free shard to see if you are having issues there.
"FOR THE RECORD, DO NOT STAY ON ANOTHER SHARD, THIS IS JUST TO TEST THE PROBLEM"
We want you here on Pandora, and I doubt there are other shards as good as ours. 

These things might be able to help identify where the problem is.

Let us know.

Noctural

I tried another account of mine to log in with, same issue.
I logged into another free shard, everything worked perfectly fine. Just in case, I tried a another free shard, and it also worked fine.
So it seems to be just on this shard where I'm having issues strangely.

Balinor

Try to create a fresh new account name and password completely unlike anything you have used in the past.  This will determine if its a password issue.

Check Cap locks.

Make sure that when you run in admin that you are running both the uo client and razor or steam in admin at the same time.  I know you said you tried admin but I didn't specify if it was both or one.

Make sure the patch you did for the client worked and didn't time out or fail, I have actually had this happen before.

I know some of this seems basic, and I am not trying to be insulting by asking.  I really do want to see you be able to play and I'm trying to think of everything I can without being able to see the issue first hand.

Balinor

One more thing I think there is a registry or cache or  something you might be able to clear incase it is not redirecting to the new ip address.  I will look this up more and get back with you.

Noctural

Oh no, don't worry about it at all lol, I understand. I'm not the brightest when it comes to computers and electronics, I don't have to much knowledge on them personally. But I tried to make a new account with no similarities to my past usernames and passwords, but the same issue came up. I'm also running both the UO client itself as well as UO Assist and the same thing keeps happening. And I patched the client this morning, no fails or pauses at all. But that sounds good, please let me know asap! I've been having this issue since August, I'd love to play again lmao. I thought if I left it alone and repatched it later in time it'll be fixed, but it seems it's still the same outcome. But thank you!!

Horns Nigel

Make sure your not trying to log into the 2 test shards, just the top listed one....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Noctural

Nope, not trying to log into the test shard!

Noctural

Well, scratch what I said earlier off about logging into other shards.. I can't log into any UO shard/server at all now. No idea what's going on..

Johana

Possible DNS problem with the "play.pandorauo.com" name resolution to IP address.  Try changing the play.pandorauo.com in your client launcher (razor/UOS) to 199.193.119.146 and see if that works.  It's possible your computers firewall is blocking the request but I can't tell from just looking at a screen shot.
Hope it helps and good luck.

Balinor

also when you first begin loggin in on the launcher itself

under client option  have it set to (auto detect)
check the box for remove encription
under Ultima online instead of auto detect use the browse button and set it to the updated uoclient.
under the shard choice box make sure the box encryption required is not checked

Tyrone Biggums

Make sure your port number is correct and all also. And like johana said check your firewall

ChickeN

I got the answer............ its that Pandora is your HOME! and Karma isn't letting you go to any other place but here bro WB!! we missed you!!

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman