Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

A Wedding Invitation [8th of November]

Started by King Kong, October 09, 2014, 04:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d35tr0y

first off the wife and I have not been able to play lately due to major work season but we will be sure to be there for this ceremony wouldn't miss it for the world congrats you two
Founder of Lost Souls (soul)

Tyrone Biggums

Thank you Clean from both of us. We are so happy you both can make it.  Hopefully the busy season slows down soon. We all miss you 2 playing.

Dwarvey

Quote from: d35tr0y on October 15, 2014, 02:24:18 PM
first off the wife and I have not been able to play lately due to major work season but we will be sure to be there for this ceremony wouldn't miss it for the world congrats you two

That's it. If it's a Saturday I'll have to pass up some side jobs to be there. King, Queen and Bard of Soul reunited for a bit.

I need an exact date so I cab decline any side work that day.

Axle Stonehands

Need to hurry up and open that formal wear rental shop in Luna - hope they don't run out of pink tuxedos!

Tyrone Biggums

Speaking of that this is the perfect time for someone to set up a clothes vendor with all types of special colors. Who will my suit be made by??

And seriously people can spend some gold it's not that hard to make. Whoever takes the time to make some clothes if others won't pay for them let me know I'll throw u some gold. This is a good opportunity for a young player to get their name on clothes people will wear and also to make some gold.

GM NollKoll

bumped for new info at main post, and date nailed..  took some time to explain to my gf about why i was locked at that date..  her extent of videogames is candy crush, so wassnt easy trying to explain that the game im being a "supervisor" in, that i needed to wed two american players ingame etc etc..  but yea, locked the date!
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Tyrone Biggums

Starting at 3-4 woks for me. Anyone opposed to that?

Also my big cousin whose my boss at work spends ALL his time plying candy crush. I'm talkin at wok while he's driving everything. It's a disease

Edit- my reasoning for it to be around 3pm is my mom gets outta work at 3 and wants to watch. UO is alrdy on her computer and her computer is hooked up to her tv so she will be able to sit back and watch. Don't expect her to type or anything she doesn't know a thing about computer games. My dad on the other hand hates technology and thinks Kendra  and I are batshit crazy and doesn't understand why were doing this. Ok bottom line anytime after 3pm would make mother Tyrone very happy

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Tyrone Biggums on October 17, 2014, 02:12:19 PM
Starting at 3-4 woks for me. Anyone opposed to that?

Also my big cousin whose my boss at work spends ALL his time plying candy crush. I'm talkin at wok while he's driving everything. It's a disease

Edit- my reasoning for it to be around 3pm is my mom gets outta work at 3 and wants to watch. UO is alrdy on her computer and her computer is hooked up to her tv so she will be able to sit back and watch. Don't expect her to type or anything she doesn't know a thing about computer games. My dad on the other hand hates technology and thinks Kendra  and I are batshit crazy and doesn't understand why were doing this. Ok bottom line anytime after 3pm would make mother Tyrone very happy

then my gf is like a mix of your parents =P
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Miki McNaughty

Congratulations!  I look forward to attending. See you there.
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

Axle Stonehands

We're talking after 3 pm eastern US time zone? Just want to make sure I'm there in the correct time zone (or is it 3 pm Texas time or 3 pm Brit time or greenwich...ugh...wibbly wobbly timey wimey...)

Tyrone Biggums

Balinor

We haven't been playing much lately, but the family and I will be there, set seats for at least 3 of us. Congrats to both of you.

Tyrone Biggums

Thank you Miki and Balinor both for responding.

Now per request of Noll (anyone that wants to throw their 2 cents in feel free) a list of things about
a) weddings
b) american weddings
c) american traditions

I plan on having fun with this post. Noll pull apart the  info you wish  :D

Current estimates suggest that 40-50% of recent marriages will end in separation, prior the death of either spouse.  These figures can be dramatically decreased by a number of different factors.  In other words, "if you are a reasonably well-educated person with a decent income, come from an intact family and are religious, and marry after the age of 25 without having a baby first, your chances of divorce are very low indeed."   Source - http://www.foryourmarriage.org/factsfigures/

(she is well educated i come from an intact family and we have no children and are both over 25)

Now for the ceremony.

Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony;

Minister: (name of groom), do you take (name of bride) for your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer in sickness and in health, until death do you part?

Groom: I do

Minister: (name of wife), do you take (name of groom) to be your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer in sickness and in health, until death do you part?

Bride: I do

Minister: You have declared your consent before the Church. May the Lord in his goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings.
What God has joined, men must not divide.

All: Amen
Blessing and Exchange of Rings

Minister: Lord, bless these rings which we bless in your name.
Grant that those who wear them may always have a deep faith in each other.
May they do your will and always live together in peace, good will and love.

All: Amen

The groom places the
wedding
ring on the bride's ring finger. He may say:
Groom: N. take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
The bride places the
wedding
ring on the groom's ring finger. She may say:

Bride: N. take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

something of that nature

the weddings ive been apart of the past few years we wake up and start drinking in the church parking lot. Were not allowed  to drink alot (my mother yells at me for that) then the service above ^^

then pictures.

then the reception which in this case is  what we talked about (event)

if there's any other questions just throw em at me

Ladibug

I <3 my Soul Family

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]