Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Patch & Client 7.0.38.2

Started by King Kong, October 27, 2014, 07:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Hey folks --

Vorspire made a whole boat load of tweaks and optimizations on some systems. (technical stuff that that won't do any good trying to list them all here)

I updated the Ultima Client on the live box to 7.0.38.2 and did some optimizations and efficiency changes on the live box. Let's see if it makes that subtle difference.

Go to your Ultima Online folder, go to UOPatch.exe, right click and run it as administrator and let it update.
(If it fails: Close it and try to run the patch again)

- King & Vor

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

d35tr0y

patching now thanks take this time to get those VOTES in
Founder of Lost Souls (soul)

GM NollKoll

Ive heard from atleast one player that there are still freezes, and i think its correct?.. Hopefully its alot better for alot of you.

I did a small guide pic for the rest of you (and those that still want to make sure)
That might help out a bit more, guided Drakania 1-2 days ago, and it seems it helps alot, but the trouble i had to explain, well.. Let say some are more or less a computer wiz.

I use UOSteam, so you need to find the 3 .exe files. (in this case, the third apart from uo.exe and client.exe is uosteam)

a) go to your shortcut to your assist program, right click it and press properties, if you see "Compability" as one of the tabs, click the tab. Then set to make it look like mine.
b) Locate your uo folder, it would probably be in some folder named "Games" or "Eletronic Art"
Mine is located under D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic
There you just search after uo.exe and client.exe, right click each of them, and select properties.
Then just do what you did with your assist program.

I thought i wanted to highlight this again, since ive read on the official UO homepage, that you should do this even for installing uo, so cant hurt to try it out.
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Tyrone Biggums

just changed it all. Hopefully this solves everything :)

d35tr0y

I have froze once since but i will try this and see how it goes thank you for the post
Founder of Lost Souls (soul)

RC_Junkie

make sure you dont miss 1 of the 3 compatability changes. Noll told me the process and i missed changing 1, this of course caused my comp to lock up, as i am fairly computer challenged it took me a bit to get it back working, seems to be better since the changes

GM NollKoll

Quote from: RC_Junkie on October 28, 2014, 07:56:36 PM
make sure you dont miss 1 of the 3 compatability changes. Noll told me the process and i missed changing 1, this of course caused my comp to lock up, as i am fairly computer challenged it took me a bit to get it back working, seems to be better since the changes

Cheers for pointing it out, never tried skipping one, so didnt know the effects of it.

And if anyone anyone got plans on reinstalling uo, just got plans for it, not forcing someone, or someone that wouldnt care that much (fast pc and internet). Could try use those options on the installer, then on uopatch.exe (perhaps whole installation goes and register itself under winxp sp2 mode?) But just a theory, for those that got time or allready have the need.

Also if anyone is still having issues trying this out, tell me, and ill do a multi picture step for step. (And those with different OS then 7, could help out aswell, since im not that familiar with win8 yet.)
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

zaxarus

I still think that this solution is no general solution. Some people get lucky with it, some don't. I've reinstalled UO three times (under xp sp 2 mode) and i still freeze. I've had the freezes also with XP btw. So...

Tys

"My name is my name."

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111