Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

The Hallowed Void [Ended]

Started by GM NollKoll, October 30, 2014, 01:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Im trying to find something nice story wise.. something along the lines of once a year, some dimensions draws closer to ours, even starts to collide and interfere with ours!. It has now happened to us, at this very moment...  There is a dimension with wicked creatures, colliding with ours.. The dimension is called... The hallowed void... (feel free to write up a nice story here, or with your own mind, i know i ruined it by starting it with "im trying to find something nice story wise".. but feel free to laugh it off ^^, )

There are unstable, temporal moongates, leading to this very void dimension, they are located in one out of nine trammel cities. (trinsic,britain,moonglow, vesper, jhelom,magincia,skara brae, minoc,yew)
The gate itself is extremly unstable, and will dissipear after a while, and relocate itself in another area.
Once you enter, there is only one way out, and that is with recall and/or sacred journey!

In there, you will find a vast variety of hallowed monsters, but also some new ones.
Those have a chance of dropping deco items among other things, and most of them got different droprates and different decos etc etc. Wont go into detail, but you will like it :3.

Oh, there is also a extremly scary monster, that roams there sometimes. Plainly called "The Headless"
If you see its name (the name is brown), Do not try to fight it, just run!
(ofcourse you could always try.. gather up a gang and try kill it)
The "AI" is extremly smart and MvP wise, do not listen to its speech, thats where it stops being smart =P
If you manage to kill it, it will drop some items aswell!

The dungeon itself, is a PvP zone, so be wary! I made it so you cannot loot other player corpses.
I want to call it "semi-pvp-allowed-zone", or "gentleman pvp zone"
I do not want to see a small group of players, or one or two in that case, ganging up and taking control of the dungeon itself. Feel free to be territorial etc, but do not overdo it.
If you see a new characther, or someone you know is defenseless, try talk to them, the dungeon is huge, there is room for alot of players. Feel free to pm "abusers" to me, give me their name etc and what they did, and ill talk to them. (Ofcourse do not be afraid to actually pvp in there, but its not a battleground, i always see both sides of the "complaint")

Summarize the one and only rule (for now)
PvP is allowed, but i do not want to see a none-gentleman:y pvp fashion, let new players have fun, or rather.. Let everyone have fun, and do not exclude anyone in this event. If you killed a player, and he comes back, talk to him, team up with him perhaps and split the rewards instead.
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

token

awww pvp zone :( wont be doin this event then... I did the holloweenie one till I kept crashin to come back to me bein killed by a player..  btw if u kill someone who has crashed... yeah that makes u a great pvp-er....

ieshabones

how long do the gates stay in one spot?
are the gates in the same spot in the same town or do I have to spend hours looking for a gate to get in to kill stuff for 15 minutes?

Tyrone Biggums

Token don't be afraid to do the event. So far The Headless guy is just messing with people. All guilds are here. He hasn't killed anyone who did not attack them from what I see. PvP was warned not to "take over" the event and we have not or will not i should say.

Balinor

Quote from: Tyrone Biggums on October 30, 2014, 03:01:26 PM
Token don't be afraid to do the event. So far The Headless guy is just messing with people. All guilds are here. He hasn't killed anyone who did not attack them from what I see. PvP was warned not to "take over" the event and we have not or will not i should say.

Where are these gates located.  I will sign on tonight and give this a try

GM NollKoll

As far as token saying. That is another part of the rule.. Everyone should be able to enjoy it. If anyone is having difficultys in there with other players killing u over night over.. Tell me!

Logged in from bed just to mention something important.. Patch up with uopatch, some decos are brand new, and u might miss em otherwise... The gates last roughly 30min.  They are in the same spot in each town, a total of 9 different locations (the different towns)  when your in the first time, you can look around and see where the other locations might be B-) peace out
But..

Tyrone Biggums

if you are not seeing the crystal skulls that drop often you are not fully patched up. I noticed alot of people not looting , even in my guild, and they had to patch again. easy way to tell if your fully patched if you can see the crystal skulls. It's a glacial blue looking skull for deco.

RC_Junkie

this is a great event, remember that it is a no loot area so if you do get killed, your new deco is safe. yes i have been attacked and killed 1ce, i was then ressed by said killer and healed up, and as Tyrone said, The Headless is messing around some adding a bit of excitement. the monsters are not very difficult so come young come all, find thoes gates!

GM NollKoll

Quote from: RC_Junkie on October 31, 2014, 02:05:54 AM
this is a great event, remember that it is a no loot area so if you do get killed, your new deco is safe. yes i have been attacked and killed 1ce, i was then ressed by said killer and healed up, and as Tyrone said, The Headless is messing around some adding a bit of excitement. the monsters are not very difficult so come young come all, find thoes gates!

Ty ^^,
And yea, all those PvP:ers out there, complaining not that much action in Fel. Show the true spirit of a fancy fight, or atleast the adrenaline rush of trying to survive, but still being extremly professional and kind. And you might find more players in fel after.

I do remember from my osi times, that i had my necro/mage/assassin in khaldun (looooved  that dungeon). With a lower reg suit, and not that awesome resists. 2 players came in, and when they were deep, i started attacking em. They were so scared, so they didnt team up and kill me (which would be so so easy, with the reg suit.) I killed them both after some awesome chasing. Ressed them, gave em their resources bag etc. They were confused that a "PK" was that kind, and was first worried that i would res kill em.

So show em the true adrenaline filled adventures of a PvPer! (aka show the best side of it!)

edit: Also, as tyrone said. Patch up!
But..

GM NollKoll

young are now able to enter the gates!
It was a slip on my mind, so sorry for that!
But..

Tyrone Biggums

ok to use costumes (ppl are getting confused)

DO NOT be in vamp form. get unmounted. put costume in hand and double click

token

Im fully patched up... 7.0.40.1 and im still havin uses seeing stuff.. ive tried patchin 4 times says im complete =\ any help? im sure im leavin stuff all over the place down there... :(

zaxarus

Is the client // steam // razor running as admin?

Also: Try to perform a full file check by dbl clicking the uopatch.exe. Maybe it helps.
Tys

"My name is my name."

token

Quote from: zaxarus on November 02, 2014, 03:11:24 PM
Is the client // steam // razor running as admin?

Also: Try to perform a full file check by dbl clicking the uopatch.exe. Maybe it helps.

thank you kindly ^^

GM NollKoll

Added a new mob, new deco and a new "competition". It will also drop a scroll (which is stackable)
Top 3 collectors of those scrolls, will get a pumpkin pet made by me afterwards.
It can be arranged to be a "mascot", ie it will be invurnable to damage, and follow you around for 1 pet slot. (and do nothing)
Or set up as a walking and patrolling pumpkin inside houses. (Due note that this req. some "candy" placed on the ground, which it will patrol between, so be careful when you want to switch it around, since i dont want to help ya relocate it all the time hehe.)

Also made the kids dressed as a lich spawn more random over the dungeon.
But..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman