Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Question that's always answered different

Started by Tyrone Biggums, November 24, 2014, 03:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Biggums

Do we have any definitive proof that luck helps with anything? Doom drop? ToTs? Regualar loot? High seas artifacts? Replicas? Curious if I have to make a luck suit for PvM because I've yet to ever get a doom drop ( I don't go there much because I hate doom) but if a luck suit helps maybe it's worth imbuing one.

Just a random thought while I'm walking around work.

Balinor

From UOGuide regarding luck and normal monster loot:

A character's total Luck is used when loot is spawned on creature corpses. It gives a chance of there being a greater amount of loot, a chance of a greater number of properties on said loot, and a chance that those properties will be of greater intensity. It should be noted, however, that this is only a chance of more and better loot, and that Luck has no direct affect on what specific items will spawn and what specific properties will spawn on those items.

From UOGuide regarding luck and the Gauntlet (Doom):

The Gauntlet
(Editor: This section is not really accurate anymore. The Gauntlet now uses the Treasures of Tokuno points system, so the following info is probably only a shadow of the truth, if that. This will be changed in the future when further information becomes available.)
When a boss dies in the Doom Gauntlet there is a certain chance that an artifact will be created. This chance is influenced by the Luck of the top attacker, and can be derived from the following equation:

From UOGuide regarding the new system for Gauntlet drops:

Publish 48 has the most recent changes for this drop system. Players now accumulate points the same way they did during the Treasures of Tokuno event. Each lesser boss and Dark Father that you kill and personally (not through a Party) receive looting rights on will award you points. As you gain more points, your chances of getting an artifact increase. The more damage you do relative to other players will earn you more points. Having Luck also increases the amount of points you get.
Eventually you will be awarded one of the possible artifacts. It will be placed in your backpack (or Bank Box if overweight) along with a system message to the effect of "For your valor in combating the fallen creature, a special artifact has been bestowed upon you." will inform you of the event. It is advisable to Insure it immediately.

From UOGuide regarding luck and other loot types:

Other
Virtue Artifact drops in the Anti-Virtue Dungeons are affected by Luck. It is believed that this may use the same points-based system as The Gauntlet and Treasures of Tokuno, but this has yet to be confirmed.
The chance of finding a Niter deposit while mining is positively affected by Luck, but the specific formulas for this effect are currently unknown.
Power Scrolls that drop from Champion Spawns are not affected whatsoever by the Luck of any attacker, and are generated and distributed randomly amongst all players that receive looting rights.
The drop rates of Mondain's Legacy Artifacts are positively affected by Luck.
Peerless Artifacts are not affected by Luck, but are instead governed by individual static drop rates.
The Imbuing system does not take Luck into account when calculating the chance-for-success of Imbuing a property onto an item.
Rewards from Quests, frequently referred to collectively as "strongboxes," are not affected by Luck in any way.

Hope this helps as it appears that Luck does have an effect on most items.  The actual system for Doom artifacts is brutal anyway, 1 in 1000 chance to get a drop from a boss.  1 in 100 for Dark Fathers with an increasing chance until you get one at which point it resets. 

I realize that Pandora is not OSI, but most of the treasure systems seem to work the same.

Tyrone Biggums

OSI always swore luck worked but we proved otherwise for years. I don't really trust those guides which is another reason I try and keep our wiki updated with new information I find or if people tell me it's wrong. Ty for looking it up and I'll follow that until it's proven not to be true. I'm wondering if there is a script someone could check or if we have to check with trial an error.

GM NollKoll

Luck is a factor in some scripts yeah,  doom is one of em
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Tyrone Biggums

Great news. Now I gotta imbue a luck suit for Doom and see if I can get my first drop

Dr. Kevorkian

Just in case you were not aware, you don't have to make a new suit and imbue it with luck. Luck does not take up an imbue slot so it can be added to all your current gear without having to remove an imbue you previously put on it. You can imbue up to 100 luck per item. There used to be 200 luck deeds in the pcoin store but sadly those were removed. You may also buy 300 luck deeds from the donation house, but that can get a bit pricey. Also understand that luck, after a certain value (somewhere in the 2000 range, I hope someone can be more specific) starts to have diminishing returns. Meaning it has little to no value. Hope that helps you out.

zaxarus

The official Luck cap on Pandora is 2600. You can have more, but it won't have any effect. (It is possible though that 2600+ Luck can have an effect when it comes to Doom calculations, not sure. Since it uses the same calculation system used for ToT's.)

Beyond 1500 Luck the effects are less noticable, being almost the same around 2000. Also it has to be said that high Luck doesn't guarantee better and more loot. It is just a higher chance for it (the system rolls a dice, so to say).

Also Bushido (Honor) gives you a luck bonus up to 1000, depending how often you hit a monster (perfection).

In the pcoin store you can buy Luck deeds, but they only give you 100 Luck. The same amount you get with a few imbue materials. It makes no sense and should be removed or set back to 200.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Tyrone Biggums

Yea I have luck on my whole suit that's not what I was talking about. I meant using the luck mempo and 2 year vet apron. Changing a few items for more luck.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman