Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Abra Kadabra Alakazam *important poll*

Started by GM NollKoll, December 04, 2014, 12:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thatperson

Would be perfect I think if these ideas were implemented to the spellbook itself, (any spellbook) so when you equip the book you are granted bonuses like maybe overcap fast casting or extra sdi or increased heat per minute but get a penalty to bandage speed or whatever. then when you drop the book and re-equip your weapon you return to normal. (lose magery buffs but regain bandie speed)
that way theres no penalty to dexxers who just happen to have high int aswell or viceversa.. a mage would have to commit to not holding a weapon and carrying his book to get his bonuses making him vulnerable but hard hitting (like you said glass cannon)
just a thought, I know im out of touch :)

The Winter

Quote from: Thatperson on December 16, 2014, 07:33:32 AM
Would be perfect I think if these ideas were implemented to the spellbook itself, (any spellbook) so when you equip the book you are granted bonuses like maybe overcap fast casting or extra sdi or increased heat per minute but get a penalty to bandage speed or whatever. then when you drop the book and re-equip your weapon you return to normal. (lose magery buffs but regain bandie speed)
that way theres no penalty to dexxers who just happen to have high int aswell or viceversa.. a mage would have to commit to not holding a weapon and carrying his book to get his bonuses making him vulnerable but hard hitting (like you said glass cannon)
just a thought, I know im out of touch :)

I think you're on to something. Good idea. Increase/overcap FC, FCR, and SDI only when a spellbook is equipped. Allow casters to cast "mage only" spells and specials only when a spellbook is equipped.

Basically, if you want to play a pure mage and have the casting, sdi, damage, etc, you have to commit to holding a book.
"If I take your life, it's nothing personal...just a boy and his toy gun dying for attention" J Lane

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman