Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Is it worth the time to began again?

Started by Squeeke, December 17, 2014, 08:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squeeke

Been gone awhile do to life, but i'm back for now.  I was wondering, if its even worth making a new account and playing here at all.  Got the time and dedication to try again, but since i've lost my old accounts, really just asking myself why?  Anyone got any ideas on this subject?   Hate PVP, crafting when i left was boring and ultimately useless.  (Donor gear and artifacts seem to make the crafting professions dumb ) I dislike pets but am interested in maxing out one character.  Can a person get stronger than pets here, or am I forced to pet up if i want to see end game?  Been a few years since i last saw the game, so any input will do.

Tyrone Biggums

I maxed out in a few months. Get with a good guild to give u advice and help ya. There are people that solo all end game bosses without pets. If you got time time and dedication instead of asking yourself why ask yourself why not?

GM NollKoll

Could help you find the other account of yours that you so called lost. Hit me up with a pm with the info you know about it and ill see what i can do ^^
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Thatperson

a full power player can solo anything but the styg drag without pets. And as for doni gear, well it can be used to get past some of the grind while you acquire your perfect suit but it doesn't break the game at all..
I have 8 doni properties on my shroud but if I remove it I only lose the 666 stats. my suit covers everything I could possibly need and the shroud has become simply a showpiece. yes you can pay to make your life easier but its not by any means "pay to win" as an in game suit can cater for your every need :D doni stuff just makes you extra cool

zaxarus

I have to agree. Yes, i have donation items and also donation pets.

But there is no 'high end' boss you couldn't kill w/o a doni pet besides the stygian dragon. There you'd need a (small) party to kill him as he is supposed to be a harder boss.
A greater dragon (tamed) for example might be helpful enough to compensate some of the damage harder bosses deal.

As for the suit:
Of course there are some donation items that make life easier. But also some of these items you don't have to purchase if you put some time and effort into your gaming; for example all of the [war] items you can see in the donation house are obtainable in the gauntlet (well, takes time though). Also the crystalline ring you can get from a peerless boss (again, time).
Your armor will be perfect if tiered up and fully imbued, try to get stormgrips (if human or elf) and you're pretty much finished, besides arties you might get later; then you'll change your gear.

Of course there are donation shrouds and properties you can add on those that will improve your stats. But also there is a robe of the sand you can get ingame. It is a fine robe and you could also shroud it later via a small donation to put other stuff on it if you wish.
Still it is NOT necessary.
Donation items do not make you any better if your gear is imbued and tiered up, it's a bonus.
There is no pay to win.

Some of the donation items (like a bank stone or the everlasting bandage) are supposed to make your gaming easier, but still they are not a 100% "must".

If you have to start over again (that is if Noll can't find your acc and char) there are enough people who will give you support to make the first steps not so annoying and discouraging.
It's all about crafting your suit, tier it up and imbue it. No donation needed for this.

As for your question: "just asking myself why?"
Well, this is your decision. Like i said there are people who will help you but of course you have to put time and effort into this. I am no friend of giving away everything for free. This is still a game that takes some time and also can drive you crazy. ;)
But i can honestly say that this is the coolest server i've ever played on and i won't leave until the end of time or i die (whatever comes first). :-)

Tys

"My name is my name."

King Kong

We have a great community who would help you start.

You have been gone so long that there is a chance your account wouldn't have been relevant or helped out much as so much has changed and progressed. -- Just trying to look at the bright side.

Hope you make the right call and join our family again!

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Islander

As Kon said the community is strong. I would personally be happy to help you get back on your fee tas I'm sure most of the vets would too.. There is still lots of fun to be had on Pandora!

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman