Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Patch 53 - 18 January - 4/8 Casting

Started by King Kong, January 18, 2015, 05:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Small but potent patch. 4/8

- Changed casting back to 4/8 speed. (Pandora was originally like this for many years) It is a mathematical equation that speeds you up when you have 4 faster casting and 8 faster cast recovery from jewels and other items on your character.

*This applies to Magery, Necromancy, Mysticism, Spellweaving.
*Chivalry is capped at 2 Faster Casting if the skill is over 70.0
*Will be monitoring PvP and running tests from here on out. Think of this as a trial, so you vets please post in reply here. Keep in mind it will take a bit to adjust, and it does require more skill to be good with it. So give yourself a fair chance before stating opinions so we know they are accurate.

- New players that start with 3 skills at 75.0 now can choose Imbuing and Mysticism also.

- Remember to Vote in game by typing [Vote everyday. Actually type in the CAPTCHA for the vote to count. Your vote brings new players. Tell your friends.
- King

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

zaxarus

First of all a big THANK YOU for bringing back Casting! This is great! And i am sure that if we spread the word about it some people we still miss (and sometimes take a look how things are going) will consider to become active again. So let's try to make this work.

Casting was always fast on Pandora and therefore a main reason for the speedy PvP we always had and enjoyed. I've been told that finding the correct calculation was a tricky business, so i wanna thank Kon and also Noll for doing this. :)

We've done some first test runs and it turns out that it really is like it has been in our old days. Actually now you can combine your weapon abilities, Focus, Ninjitsu, the other stuff and of course Magery again. Back to a reasonable and more skill based PvP.

Of course there will always be those who spam spells, but first of all there are always ways to work against and around this. Secondly, if you can kill a newbie with a spell spam then you can also kill him with weapons. And Vets normally know ways to interrupt, which is part of the whole thing.
What i want to say is:
We've had fast spell casting on Pandora for a long time, and i think we should embrace that it's back (actually I've been told that it was gone because of a small mistake).
I am sure everyone can adjust get used to it. I think that Spellcasting has to be more prominent and now it is.

Also:
It is a good thing that Chiv is now capped lower (also something that has been this way), which makes sense. There is a balance between everything, and a more defensive "spell line" such as Chiv (mainly) must work slower.

More when we've done more testing.

Tys

Tys

"My name is my name."

King Kong

Already working on the next patch with some more tweaks and efficiencies.

zaxarus

The exact timing to cast is the trick, since it can be a question of miliseconds. Maybe try different ways and options in Steam, also check delay between actions (ms).
Maybe try ingame (client) keys.

Still testing.
Tys

"My name is my name."

King Kong

Yes people dont except to just start casting and think you're way faster.. this is milli of seconds (which also can make all the difference) and the true speed casting is a talent that you will have to get used too.

If you do not hit your hotkey at the exact mili second when a spell is done then you will look way more delay then someone else. It is a skill. Also naturally it is going to depend on your ping at that second on how fast it looks like you're casting. Many things to consider, practice.

THERE WILL BE SLIGHT MORE TIMING CHANGES IN NEXT REBOOT

Outkast

King Kong

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman