Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Note of Absent, or Absent of Orange

Started by GM NollKoll, January 26, 2015, 10:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Would just like to mention to everyone that i have been unable to login the recent days, since i got a HDD issue.. Trying to work it out, even formatting it seems like an issue. Ugh..  Just one tiny little file that got corrupted during a power outage, thats whats it takes to screw a hdd up pretty bad.

Anyhow i got a big checkdisk running now for XX hours allready, and i finally got a format option screen thingy up.. So if the issue aint fixed until tomorrow ill format it.

Also i saw this new forum part of mine got over 800 posts.. which is pretty neat with the thought that its "kinda" new..
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

GM NollKoll

been wrestling with it ALOT.. couldnt even format it...

after trying attacks on all sort of fronts, disk manager, disk list in dos, normal dos commands, normal format ofc, startup diskcheck, windows diskcheck, WD hdd checker thingie (its a WD hdd), booting in safe mode, booting with win7 repair disc, booting with safe mode and command prompt and doing dos commands that way.. and a various selection of other methos.. and do note that the diskchecks usually took from somewhere around 5h to 16h.. ugh.. anyhow.. ima buy me myself a new HDD tomorrow..  3.5y  old hdd.. odd..
But..

Johana

What did the WD tool say?  Maybe its not the disk.  Have you used the WD tool and the suspect disk drive on another computer?  Just trying to save you a few bucks or making the wrong purchase.  Is the drive recognized in the computers BIOS?

GM NollKoll

well ima purchase a disk anyway..    if i get it working again well yay, extra storage i guess? ^^
But..

Johana

Ok.

Try g-parted (http://gparted.org) to erase your old disk partitions are reformat that pesky disk.  I have seen this type of problem before and have found that this tool has worked for me in the past. 

GM NollKoll

cheers ill give it a shot..  but still buying a new disk... roughly 110 dollars for 2TB aint that bad
But..

GM NollKoll

up n running again.. got 8pms only.. so if anyone havnt got a response to some pm, re-pm please
But..

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]