Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Flame Wars, Mage Wars, Rage Wars, Star Peace

Started by GM NollKoll, February 10, 2015, 03:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Due to alot of recent forum and ingame flaming, accusations, verbal wars etc. I wish to point out that you cannot instant-cast or shoot any faster etc. All those timers are server side. Ive tried myself actually and speed up my side of the client, but doesnt work at all.

Alot of players are getting accusated from left to right, and some think its rather annoying by now.

So all of you, cut it.
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

GM NollKoll

Since a forum warning and ingame warnings wassnt enough, i declared a sort of "zero tolerance" yesterday.

And it seemed to have some confusions about it.

Basicly both parties are claiming the other of hacking, being favorised by staff or whatever, and harassments/insults and taunts in every possible moment. Aswell as convincing newly joined players that the other guild is upto no good and trash talk about that guild to those that know nothing about it.

The zero tolerance is just that no negative talking between the conflicting parties in this, not even daunting, tauning, smack talking,  (and ofc. not insults or harassments).

You are allowed to kill the other members ofc, or be fighting with em, heck, you can even talk to them as long as its not taunting.. Buy/sell/trade, since some members might not want a single part in this, but still cought in the crossfire just becouse they bear the guild insignia..

Basicly,
What you are allowed to do with the opposing "party": Fight, trade, help and talk*  (*as long as its general talk, but if you believe its going to end up in insults then dont, if you do not wish to talk, fine.
If the other party dont respond, ofc dont spam him/her since he/she might not want to talk.

What you aint allowed to do: insult, taunt, harass and grief.. Ofc there is a fineline in the talk which is allowed, from what could look innocent, could be referring to something that just that specific victim knows about etc..

I know that smack-talking and stuff like that is a part of the game, but this needs to end.. and end now!

What happends if.....?

Global chat ban and squelched (unable to speak, can only communicate via party/guild messaging)
IF that doesnt help, a jail sentence, but i think i wont go that far, but i might if needed.

This might seem unfair, but all the parties involved aint feeling happy over the way, but it still continues, and im inbetween all the harassments, getting shot at from all directions.

And since some of the rumours and "that guild or person is being favorised by the staff" starts from some of the most rediculous things, i would like to mention some of em now.

Tys: Him and the "Veterans of Pandora" have been going trough bugs (new and old), coming up with ideas etc, and summarizing em to me, some i have fixed, some im trying to fix etc. This could be seen as him being favorised by the staff by some..  It's idiotic, bug fixes and new content is needed, if you want to contribute, send me ideas or reports, or ask him to be in on that meeting. His loyal companion Fala helps new players alot, imbuing stuff for em, she got the title of "New Player Helper", should that be considered "favorised by staff" aswell?

Tyrone: He keeps twitter and reddit running for Pandora's sake, and have done so for a time, this probably brought in some new players, and spread the word about the server.. He was thanked and got the title of "Shard Promoter", which started ALOT of fuss. Since he is a pvper and some in his guild is upto insults etc. The title was meant only for social media help.
+ I mentioned his name about the charybdis exploit, i got reports from alot of parties, about charybdis being bugged and chained. I never figured out how, until FC guild made it obvious, and i cought em in the act, and noticed a odd behavior with the bait. I needed to test if a theory i had was correct, and used tyrone to help me (since i knew he was online since i just helped Kendra with a weapon)
This caused alot of complains, since "others" have reported about it, and nothing happends.. But now "tyrone" does it, its instantly slammed on the forums..  Also would like to inform   you that he informed me around the same time as the others, and i have learned not to actually thanking a player now for helping me out to test theorys and ideas.. silly huh?

When you all have understood that this is serious now, i would consider a big meeting between all parties, since this shit needs to end, since everyone is getting sick of it (i am for one), some might even consider leaving..  Thus, zero tolerance until this fight have gone to normal levels of rivalry.
But..

GM NollKoll

and if anyone thought it would be a permanent rule.. it wont..  max 1-2week..
But..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman