Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

remove traps

Started by Luc of Salichan, March 28, 2015, 01:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luc of Salichan

Hello!

I'm following the wiki guide on remove traps and I'm not seeing any skill gain when using the skill. I'm also seeing no successful attempts to remove traps.

I've bought up to 32.1 remove trap at a vendor. My tinker skill is just over 50, and I have crafted a bunch of lockable boxes and trapped them all as the guide suggests. However, I've been running a macro for an hour now with no successful attempts to remove my traps and no skill gains.

Any suggestions for gaining skill in remove trap?

Brena

That is a horrible skill to gain.  I haven't done it here, but I did on my old server.  I'm almost positive your tinker skill has to be closer to remove.  I think I had to make a second char and keep their skills together.  I havent seen crystal balls of knowledge here,  that would let you know if you are doing it right.

GM NollKoll

hmm ... i could add a new row of chests in Insula, where you can train your remove trap skill. (Other row is for lockpicking). Could easily do a good range of chests to improve the skillgain..  But you could try venture into a dungeon and unlock the chests there? get some gold in the meanwhile
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

GM NollKoll

Said and done!
3 Different chests added in insula, self trapping within 1-10 seconds after untrapping it.

Be careful though....
its....
a traaaaaap!
But..

Luc of Salichan

Thanks! I've been removing traps in dungeons while I'm hunting, but the skill gain is slow.

Luc of Salichan

Just checked out the remove trap chests in Insula. I currently have 34.9 and I'm successfully removing the traps on all three chests, experiencing 0% failure and seeing no skill gain. Might want to tweak those a bit   :)

GM NollKoll

Hmm I'll take a look when I get home
But..

GM NollKoll

They should work now!.. Tried em with various amounts in the skill (ugh, staff still have to be punished with the 10 seconds delay T_T)
But..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman