Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

[LIVE] Publish 60 - Age of the Infested - Teaser/Patchnotes (main post updated)

Started by GM NollKoll, June 30, 2015, 08:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

also.. the new areas is in the old Ver Rog Ler or whatever its called, you enter it via a broken energy field near the entrance.

Dunno if mentionened in thread.. but universal repair deed vendor is located in the gold sink store in Britain, changes prices each hour! so be sure to look for cheap prices! (roughly 22.5k-75k)

And you need to craft a infested injector to infest bosses, via the tinkering menu.
(infested fleshy mound + argon bottle + (chemist crafting menu) = infested argon bottle)
--> (infested argon bottle + iron ingots + hollow needle + argon bottle (tinkering crafting menu) = infested injector)

Argon bottles can be bought from alchemist npcs
and Hollow needle can be bought from blacksmiths npcs

Infested fleshy mounds and Infested argon bottles can infest alot of things, work the same, but longer lifespan in the inert gas bottle.
And the injector works like above, plus the ability to inject bosses

edit: there is roughly 5% droprate of a fleshy infested mound on any infested mob.. Except a few mobs in the new area, they have increased droprate.. just a fyi!
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Keeblerboy

Quote from: GM NollKoll on July 28, 2015, 08:02:59 PM
Yea made a special gargoyle tali for that one..not a perfect fix though

I Haven't been able to find the Gargoyle tali.  Is it a drop or gold sink item?  Where can we find it?
Enjoying the infected spawn although I seem to die 5-10 times per day lately.

GM NollKoll

Forgot about it, and me an ingame pm if you havnt allready and I'll add it when I get home
But..

GM NollKoll

AND since this patch, a small, or shall we say creeping issue has been with early-mid players.  In that case that they get overrun by infested. I had an idea at the start of my idea phase, but had no time to script it.
But a "quest event" deal. When infested reaches a certain number of mobiles, the npc gets activated, you can get a quest killbook from it. Conditions is kill xxx infested, AND can only return it to the npc if infested amount is under YY per map. And get a new sort of artie. Like "Infested Purger".
As a reward. This should keep the facets occasionally cleansed off, and would be a win win solution.
I know it would be tricky to find every last npc.
But..

GM NollKoll

about the gargoyle talisman added to goldsink store, will transfer over donated luck over to it for a week or so. Will remove it on the old talisman obviously.
But..

GM NollKoll

would like to let yall know that champs doesnt drop 125% powerscrolls as they should do..  It did work on my test, but now it does not work on either place.. unsure what happened, but i will find it and fix it ^^
But..

Keeblerboy

I just spent the better part of 3 days in doom doing infested bosses. Just shy of 23 round.  I'm happy to announce I got a Mystic's guard shield. So drops do work for infected bosses but I would like to see the drops at full stats as the one I got has less than half of the full hp and 1/3 soul charge. I would also like to see the same for major ToT drops.  Randoms for the shield and necklace are good to go.    Fellow pandorians please comment on this for or against. Its difficult just to get the items let alone getting one that is not even a viable piece.   thx

Hal

Des Sanct

Quote from: Keeblerboy on August 08, 2015, 03:29:39 PM
I just spent the better part of 3 days in doom doing infested bosses. Just shy of 23 round.  I'm happy to announce I got a Mystic's guard shield. So drops do work for infected bosses but I would like to see the drops at full stats as the one I got has less than half of the full hp and 1/3 soul charge. I would also like to see the same for major ToT drops.  Randoms for the shield and necklace are good to go.    Fellow pandorians please comment on this for or against. Its difficult just to get the items let alone getting one that is not even a viable piece.   thx

Hal

I would have to agree with Hal on this. 23 rounds of Doom Bosses to get an artifact that is signficantly less than max intensity, would border a slap in the face. I have zero issues with the drop rate, but for all efforts provided, it should at least be worth the wait. As far as the Tots however, I think the turn in should be a little different. At bare minimum, the intensity should be 75% of max property. This could also work like the powerscroll bucket. In other words, if you turn in your 10 minor infected tots, your major tot will have anywhere from 75% to 100% max intensity on properties (across the board: see below for example) however, you could trade that major tot in for lets say 5 minor tot credits?

Example for major tot intensity program:

Let say an item has a max of these stats:

HP Increase 40
Int Bonus 40
Luck 500

Well then if you turn in your minors the worst you could get is this:
This is equal intensity of 75% across the board
HP Increase 30
Int Bonus 30
Luck 375

But, you might get this instead: (90% max intensity)
HP Increase 37
Int Bonus 37
Luck 450

However, this would not be a viable drop because the percentages aren't equal (75% minimum) across the board.
HP increase 30
Int Bonus 36
Luck 500

Just an option as far as difficulty obataining the items is concerned.

Just to be clear: This system is for minor/major tots. My opinion on Doom, is that every drop should be at Max Intensity.

Keeblerboy

Nice idea Des. Doom full stats and and tots 75% and up. I like my original idea with the ToTs but this could work as well.  BTW, I got my first infected tot drop as well. It was the dagger with the potential of 1000 luck.  Mine has 284 luck. I would like 750 luck or better vs what I got.  Not complaining just making suggestions to make it a better option to collect them.

blackmyst

i agree some thing are really low I saw a infested cincture that evolution got and it has nothing on it but luck and hit point increase I think some things should have better stats on them I got a helmet which was not bad but I have notice some things could use work but overall good job

Johana

I'm down with the max intensity on the doom infected artifacts.  As a collector of things, anything but max props intensity is just some thing to unravel to me.  I guess we have been spoiled with the new artifact room.

P.S. 
This publish is the coolest one yet.  Congratulations NollKoll (and team) on your hard work with this update.

Thanking you sincerely for your efforts.
Jo

Keeblerboy

Totally agree with Jo. I have been reinvigorated to start champing/tot hunting and doom grinding. The idea is a home run. Please consider a few tweaks from our suggestions.   thx

GM NollKoll

Wanted to add a few things.
1. Alot of players have wondered about the new mount, it spawns in the new area in ilshenar. In Vor Reg Lor or whatever its called. Its behind the breakable infested wall. Cant tame it?.. try infest a horse and tame it, then go figure =P

2. I wont completly remove the rolling stats on equipment, i want these artifacts be like equipment in most other games, ie they can change. But obviously, to calm you all down a bit, some of em does req. a bit of a tweak.
And that is mostly peerless and doom. (less of a range on the roll there, but should still be hard to find a flawless, since when you get a flawless, you should genuinly be happy over something so rare... i love creating rare stuff )

3. I would like that someone writes a nice infested wiki page, talked about it ingame yesterday, flint said he could maybe do it, so talk to him first. But how to craft it, where to find it. What gets infested with what etc.
And could add some info about doom.

Since there is a "secret" property on a player that increases after each boss kill that you doesnt get an arti from, its on uoguide.com but works somewhat different here, its not shared, but a strict number. Its that number i increased in this patch aswell, to decrease bad luck streaks in doom.

So could tell you all, and hope that you write about that in the wiki, that you could always kill 20 bosses (normal) to "prime" yourself, then start infest them. (Obviously if you get a normal arty from those 20 kills, you need to start over again) and 20 bosses is just  a random number i said. If you usually get one after 10, kill 9 then start.. if you usually start getting it at 30, kill 29.. its all about odds anyway, but hopefully you get my point.

But reward for writing this page will be a superdye charge. If your 2, i might need to talk to Kon about it, but i think its ok for one each, but cant promise that!
But..

Cnd41904

Is there a way to tone down the infested creatures. I wanted to fight in Tokuno but it's over run with infested creatures. New to pandora so not great at fighting just yet lol

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman