Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

...hello?

Started by Drunk Jesse, August 27, 2015, 05:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunk Jesse

Hey Everybody!

Ive been poking around looking for a new freeshard to try out and this one caught my attention. Seems polished and offers tons of content. I just have a few concerns before i dig in and get lost in UO all over again haha.

Little bit of backround i normally play Renaissance era shards because that is what i am most familiar with. So taking the plunge to experience all this content is going to be scary at first but hopefully alot of fun. Also i am not a fan of Trammel i like the excitement of a possible gank around every corner haha but im willing to give this a shot if you guys can possibly help convince me to stay.

my First concern is last time i gave OSI a shot i got spoiled with Enhanced Client. Ive read a little in the forums that the enhanced client works.. but with "bugs". How bad are these "bugs" and is it at least playable?

Second Concern is i have done my best to stay away from no skill cap shards.. I feel like its cheating but i can see the appeal all at the same time. Im just having a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of having everyskill on one character. Could a "vet" of the shard chime in for me?

Finally how is the population? and please be honest. I really want to dig in but its a big investment for me.

Thank you and sorry if that was a long post.

King Kong

Hey Drunk Jesse!

Thank you for the consideration here. I'll try to give you my quick shot answers to things you mentioned.

- Personally I am not a fan of Trammel either. But we have 6 facets, 3 have felucca rules, 3 trammel. Even our Trammel rules are tweaked to allow PvP in certain situations. Like if you see a red in a safe facet, you can still attack and start a battle.

- Most UO players prefer 2D over Enhanced Client. Yes EC client works and if there is any free shards with the least amount of "bugs" on it it's probably ours because we run the latest clients. I have not personally logged in using the EC client in quite awhile, but I remember it was definitely playable... We say we don't 100% support it because if there is a bug we are in a funny place of making a radical change for only a player or 2 who are using it. (Though if it's something we can do manually in game, etc, we would be glad too).

- I was the same way about no skill cap. Then I realized we are human beings and not robots and are able to only use one skill at a time.  ;D  -- It actually isn't much different than being 7x GM except you don't have to log on to another character to do your imbuing or crafting. After a couple weeks you don't even notice.

- Population is steady, we have a core group and tight knit community. We are always getting new players, but we also have many players who have been here for many years (some since we started). You will find Pandora feeling like an extended family. It's just how the vibe of the shard is. -- Population rotates through the 24 hour clock with different players logging in from different parts of the world. We have around 300 active players (people who play or at least log in once a week) and at any given time from 20 to 70 people logged in playing. It feels good. -- There is public global chat in game, so everyone kind of hangs out without it getting crazy.

You ask good questions and that's why I wanted to take the time to answer them. People who are serious about playing like yourself, when they join Pandora, it usually becomes their home for years. Just be patient when you log on in to get to know stuff. We make starting out fun, you have just what you need to move. Skill gain isn't crazy hard either, but takes just enough work for the fun and commitment.

I started Pandora around 6 years ago. Our staff works really hard. Pandora is a personal experience and one I think you would love if you gave it a shot. Thank you for the time and consideration.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Drunk Jesse

I want to personally thank you King Kong.

Your responce to this helped me make my mind on digging on or not.

I was hoping to hear from more than one source but ill take what i cant get.

since logging in for my first time i have been givin help right out of the gates by Dr K and luckother.

That was really cool and Very helpful.

I am putting my spoiled ways on the shelf with enhanced client and going to make it a point to learn UOsteam.

I may need some teachers but im willing to do the reading of the wikis while i afk train my toon.

Thank you guys and im excited to learn with you all.

Miki McNaughty

Welcome to Pandora. A lot of times public chat becomes almost invisible, especially if your in a Champ spawn etc where the print is flying by so fast you miss many things. If you have a ? or need help send a pm to a name you recognize or even don't. Hopefully you will be sent in the right direction for help or better yet what your after. Feel free to ask. If I don't know then I will try to send you in the right direction.
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman