Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Hello again Pandora

Started by Drunk Jesse, August 30, 2015, 05:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunk Jesse

Hey guys. I just wanted to touch base with everyone.

I only just started a few days ago. Im in the process of training like a madman in the starter zone. This whole LRC suit thing is new to me. Kinda nice haha. I Bartend in real life so i play during odd hours. Usually when i get home in weird hours of the morning. Mostly afk training while at work.

Anyways.. Im creeping up on having enough skills afk trained to start actually getting out there and playing lol. I wanted to touch base and see what people are up to on this shard? Are factions active? are people mostly running champ spawns? are there lots of participation in the PvP events i see popping up on my screen all the time lol?

I would like to get into PvP but im going to need a teacher lol. Mostly to teach me how to use UOsteam and set up targeting hotkeys and macros. Im terrible when it comes to that stuff. I want to get to a point where im not totally helpless in PvP.

Also.. are there Thieves on Pandora? or does the blessed items and insurance make thieves pointless?

sorry for so many questions again haha i just have alot to learn.

Im very excited to get to know you all.

Drunk Jesse

3 days 30 views and not one reply.. did i do something wrong? lol sorry if i scared you guys with the "i might need a teacher part" ill figure out UOsteam on my own if thats what scared you.

All other questions apply if someone anyone would reply? perhaps im not a good fit here and this is a solo shard. i can respect that i just need to understand. Trust me im scared to death to learn all this content. Ill understand if its over my head and i should just let it go.

You guys have sooo much content here i would love to be a part of it. I just have soo much to learn. perhaps too much to learn.

I hope i didnt offend anyone or come off too strong. I didnt want to be a "chore" for someone to teach me UOSteam and this content. I was kinda hoping a vet would be a little bit excited to teach a "passionate noob" like me the ways.

Best of Luck Pandora. I might just be a better fit sticking to my Ren era shards. I tried though  ;)

GM NollKoll

So sorry for no reply, on this matter i usually wait until a player responded, since i can only offer some information regarding the game. On those bits on where to hunt, farm etc. the players usually outshine me.

And regarding the pvp buisness, there is some that can teach you. And those automatic pvp battles can be a great start. You wont loose anything in the process. Factions aint that frequently used, but its on my long list of "ToDo" to make it shine again.

Setting up macros with uosteam, im sure there is a player that can help you, even if playing at "off-hours" might exclude you from the biggest chunk of players, but im sure there is allnighters that can help you with that. Any technical issues with steamuo, just let me know!

And im 100% positive you didnt come off too strong, we havnt sadly got too much active forum, and ive tried to whip the players in using the forums a bit more.. But my suggestion is to chat ingame, if that doesnt work, let me know and ill do some whipping =P We got a super friendly community, and its sadly you havnt seen that bit of Pandora yet.
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Falada

Hey and welcome here. Sorry i was a little inactive for a while here due to some RL stuff. You can message me here or ingame for any kind of question or help. Also with UOSteam. :) Might be i don't answer instantly but as soon as i see a message i will answer and help you as good as i can. :)
greets Fala

King Kong

Quote from: Drunk Jesse on September 02, 2015, 02:39:38 AM
3 days 30 views and not one reply.. did i do something wrong? lol sorry if i scared you guys with the "i might need a teacher part" ill figure out UOsteam on my own if thats what scared you.

All other questions apply if someone anyone would reply? perhaps im not a good fit here and this is a solo shard. i can respect that i just need to understand. Trust me im scared to death to learn all this content. Ill understand if its over my head and i should just let it go.

You guys have sooo much content here i would love to be a part of it. I just have soo much to learn. perhaps too much to learn.

I hope i didnt offend anyone or come off too strong. I didnt want to be a "chore" for someone to teach me UOSteam and this content. I was kinda hoping a vet would be a little bit excited to teach a "passionate noob" like me the ways.

Best of Luck Pandora. I might just be a better fit sticking to my Ren era shards. I tried though  ;)

Like Noll said, apologies that the forum isn't very active all the time, it comes in spurts and it being the end of summer a lot of people are outside (I don't blame them), it picks back up when it gets cold.

I'm not sure if it's worth leaving mate because someone hadn't had a chance to reply on a forum post. You asked some good general questions but there is no quick reply to them, so takes a little time. -- Like Noll said, in game you usually can get answers right away or we have many vets who will meet you one on one in game and work with you on anything you need.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

The Winter

You didn't do anything wrong. It is the end of summer and I have a honey do list around the house, so I'm not very active in game at the moment. That will all change in the next few weeks.

Welcome back, stick around! Pandora rocks.
"If I take your life, it's nothing personal...just a boy and his toy gun dying for attention" J Lane

Dr. Kevorkian

Hiya Jesse. I hope you remember me. I was with you and Lucky in the starter area. I have to run out for a bit, I became an uncle again. I will get to your questions when i get back. You can also pm me ingame anytime and I will be there to help you. Don't give up. This is a great shard for both vets and new players. Yes there is alot to learn, but it will all soak in pretty easily. Also. check out our wiki page. It is a wealth of information, and has a great write up on UOSteam.

blackmyst

hey jesse sorry been busy with work and kids if u need anything or have questions pm me blackmyst I am a vet here been here about 4 yrs so anything just ask

Drunk Jesse

aww man hey thanks for the replies guys. I didnt mean to act like i was leaving i was just bummed out lol. I totally understand the RL thing and it being end of summer. I guess i just go the "UO bug" and wanted to talk to people assap. Ill log on when i can and continue training my new toon.

I was able to figure out a few basic Hotkeys for targeting but im sure there are better setups i could learn from you guys. The macros still intimidate me. Ill have to dive into that sooner or later. I mean im fully capable of dragging health bars for PvM but thats not going to cut it when its time to PvP.

so much to learn. thanks for showing me you guys are actually out there. Cant wait to see you in game.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman