Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish: Time of Legends (1 of 2) [Updated!]

Started by King Kong, September 08, 2015, 08:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Time Of Legends Publish -- 1 out of 2.
2nd installment coming soon.

First and foremost. Close out of all your UO clients and head to your UO install directory, right click UOPatch.exe and click Run as Admin and update to the latest client. DO IT!

TRADING and CURRENCY CONVERSION

IMPORTANT WITH TRADE WINDOWS: Most computers must have UOSteam (or Razor) running as Admin for new trade windows to work properly and appear for you. All you have to do is close out of UO, right click on UOSteam and click 'Run as Admin' to start UO like that. (You can right click UOSteam, go to Properties, then Compatibility and check to always run as admin to save yourself the trouble each time)
Having more issues with trade window popping up? Scroll to bottom of this post for troubleshooting.

- You now have a Secure Trading button on your player menu. Single click yourself, make sure it's on (green). Trading is much different.

- The only way to check your gold balance is type "Balance" to a banker.

- Gold is not stored in the bank like you're used too, imagine it like a big bank holds all your money for your, but you don't physically see if in your bank box. Type Balance to see how much you have. You also can see your balance when you're trading.

- Bank Checks are no longer in UO -- Cash them, let them go into your global bank account.

• This feature does not require the Time of Legends expansion entitlement.
• Physical gold piles will remain in the world.
• All existing player-owned gold and checks that were located in the player's bank box have been added to the player's currency account on the shard.
• Players must add gold or checks to their currency account in order to use it.
• To add gold or checks to a player's currency account, simply place it inside their bank box.
• Bankers no longer create checks from gold stored in the bank box.
• All bank checks are shard-bound.
• Both client trade windows have been updated to improve currency account trading.
• *New Currency Type* Platinum has been minted. A platinum is valued at 1 million gold. Once a player's gold account reaches a balance of 1 million gold, it will automatically convert to 1 platinum. Example - If trading someone something for 10 mil, put a 10 in the Silver Platinum spot in trade window
A platinum is valued at 1 BILLION gold. Once a player's gold account reaches a balance of 1 BILLION gold, it will automatically convert to 1 platinum.

HOUSING

- Housing now has stairs that run along the side of the house. They are there when you place a house and you can add them in custom housing menu.

- Two new housing walls styles, they are in the custom housing menu.

- Three new housing floor styles, they are in the custom housing menu.

(one tile set missing from photo)

MYSTICISM CHANGES

- MYSTICISM (your damage relies on your Mysticism and Focus skill levels mostly)
- Bombard spell does more damage. The skill to cast it is lower. (58)
- Stone Form, when cast, will give you 100 of each resists making an awesome stone tank.
- Hail Storm Damage Increased.
- Eagle Strike does much more damage, but uses more mana. More damage than an Energy Bolt. Most the time a bit more than a Flamestike.
- Animated Weapon now does some damage to whatever it is attacking. It also is harder to be dispelled from magical monsters. It will attack the monster closest to it with the highest skills in Tactics. The required Mysticism skill to cast it is set to 33 and uses 11 mana. The higher your Imbuing, the longer the weapon stays out fighting. It has very high resists, etc. Makes for a great tank companion, like handling a big group of Ratman.

MISC.

- Fixes for players that have a virtual memory errors on their Windows with UO steam.

- Updated the server's live box Ultima client.

- Fix for Fire Resistance Equipment Rating bug

(Added) The Ultimate Resource Box has been updated as follows;

- Added Fill From Backpack and Fill From Bank options to the basic interface.
- Updated advanced interface display icons and resource names - colors and positioning.
- Added the ability to target containers, including your own Backpack, when adding resources.
- You may now use the box when it is in your Backpack.
- Multiple people can now use the box at the same time and each person will be able to choose their own private options without affecting other users.
- Any changes in the stored resources will automatically refresh the interfaces for all users.
- The box is now Blessed.

PUBLISH 2 out of 2 Preview
COMING SOON.
A new map is available, but it is not open to you guys yet and will be in the next Time of Legends publish (2 of 2).  You must have the latest client.

New creatures will be coming in also, along with a new champ, armor. etc.

We are literally updating Pandora live with pay Ultima and some of these things are not even out of the Test Centers yet, so we have to wait. We bring it to you cats as soon as we get it.

Special Thanks to Vorspire for the awesome and quick work he has done to introduce this new expansion.

Like the High Seas Expansion and Stygian Abyss expansion before that. We are by far the first shard to introduce this new expansion. -- This update opens up to all new content that is coming soon. Stay tuned.

Please take the time to type [Vote in game everyday (once every 24 hours). PortalUO is the only site that requires registration. Do this quickly and you will never have to do it again, it will be automatic login when you vote. That site gets a lot of traffic for potential new players... It's all we ask from our citizens.

UPDATE YOUR CLIENTS.

<3 King

Having issues with trade window popping up?

Try these things:

1. Close out of UO, right click on UOSteam and click 'Run as Admin' to start UO like that. (You can right click UOSteam, go to Properties, then Compatibility and check to always run as admin)

2. Scroll through UOSteam to make sure the filter Trade Windows isn't checked..
Also instead of using Razor use UOSteam (I know some of you couldn't get it to work, revisit the Play link above and go to UOSteam section, we included a link for a quick download on what seems to hang people up a lot. Something like missing MSV100.dll thing? Yes you can download that missing file here: http://www.faqforge.com/windows/fix-the-program-cant-start-because-msvcr100-dll-is-missing-from-your-computer-error-on-windows/ and UO Steam will work.

3. If nothing is working and you still do not see a trade window -- Reinstall UO cause you might have a patch fail.. Go to your UO installation directory (usually Program File\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic and right click UOPatch.exe and click Run As Admin... When the window pops up, click the box to do perform a full file check... Or simply Uninstall UO and reinstall it following directions on the Play link above on our website.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Dr. Kevorkian

This is great. Special thanks to all the staff for making this possible. Can't wait for part II and the new lands and the content that goes with it!

treefer1

On the voting thing. I registered with UOportal, but my computer blew up. I got a new one now but cannot remember my UOportal user name. If I vote does it count as a vote as it says or do I have to manually add my user/pass every time. I'm still not sure on that so I haven't been voting. This is Salina in game. By the way... I would recommend if you are voting to register with them, You get 2 vote coins at a time that way.

King Kong

Quote from: treefer1 on September 08, 2015, 09:10:34 PM
On the voting thing. I registered with UOportal, but my computer blew up. I got a new one now but cannot remember my UOportal user name. If I vote does it count as a vote as it says or do I have to manually add my user/pass every time. I'm still not sure on that so I haven't been voting. This is Salina in game. By the way... I would recommend if you are voting to register with them, You get 2 vote coins at a time that way.

No you must log in -- If you could go to the PortalUO website and click the Forgot Password, I would appreciate it greatly.. Thank yoU!!

treefer1

Ahh yeah that's the thing. I have the password, but for the life of me I cannot figure out my user name. Well I'll just have to vote on a different site maybe, unless I can figure it out.

King Kong

Quote from: treefer1 on September 08, 2015, 09:44:25 PM
Ahh yeah that's the thing. I have the password, but for the life of me I cannot figure out my user name. Well I'll just have to vote on a different site maybe, unless I can figure it out.

It's your email.

If not can you please re-register using another email?

zaxarus

Awesome work and interesting stuff, thank you. :)

Some questions (as always^^):

1. How does insurance work now?

2. What about our check books?

One problem:

On some houses are walls and floors (partially) missing. Do we have to rebuild or will this be fixed somehow?

ty

Tys

"My name is my name."

King Kong

Quote from: zaxarus on September 09, 2015, 07:18:16 AM
Awesome work and interesting stuff, thank you. :)

Some questions (as always^^):

1. How does insurance work now?

2. What about our check books?

One problem:

On some houses are walls and floors (partially) missing. Do we have to rebuild or will this be fixed somehow?

ty

1. Insurance pulls out of your gold account.

2. Check books still work exactly the same.

3. Salina saw a wall missing, but was her client cache, it was there and "fixed it's self" -- But there is a few new client packets we are working on, so some housing might be a little funky as we address it. It's at random. -- During a big expansion update like this with new art, it's a good idea to rebuild your houses walls / floors if possible for a nice client refresh, but regardless, we are working on it.

Voxpire

Running Razor/Steam in Administrator mode can help with some issues until you have a chance to restart your computer;
Sometimes when UO has large patches to apply, the patcher leaves file handles open after it exits - these file handles have file access permissions which cause the file to only be accessible by applications with equal or greater access rights. Because of this, Client.exe can not properly interface with the modified game files and causes random glitches to occur.

The last time smething like this happened was when the Blackthorne castle Dungeon was added to Felucca and UO's TileData.mul became inaccessible to the Client.exe, causing all sorts of issues with object collision detection for all items that use special flags to describe their behaiour (like "Wet", "Surface", "Wall", etc)

TL,DR; UOPatch.exe is flawed, make sure you have no other applications related to UO running when patching, reboot your computer immediately after patching and always run your UO related application in Administrator mode whenever possible.

Clairity

This is good stuff. The new trade window looks great!

treefer1

I didn't get the new step thing till I placed a custom house in the woods... very neat actually. It is making the missing walls, but It allows access to your house from the right side just like the front. I might have to revert the house or resize it to get the actual steps. I'm going to try after servers back up. It's especially nice for Luna houses on the wrong side of road like mine. I'm really liking it now that I see what it's all about. Awesome job guys, can't say enough about you to others. =)

King Kong

Quote from: treefer1 on September 09, 2015, 04:48:31 PM
I didn't get the new step thing till I placed a custom house in the woods... very neat actually. It is making the missing walls, but It allows access to your house from the right side just like the front. I might have to revert the house or resize it to get the actual steps. I'm going to try after servers back up. It's especially nice for Luna houses on the wrong side of road like mine. I'm really liking it now that I see what it's all about. Awesome job guys, can't say enough about you to others. =)

Appreciate the kind words! Yes the side steps are a thing Vorspire created, so they can't be customized / created with normal housing, and once you delete them, you won't get them back... But they are a nice option for many vendor houses along roads, Luna, etc.  ;D

King Kong

We know there is housing bugs right now, which are expected when you put an entirely new expansion in the game. (You are only seeing some of the changes in game so far, we have laid the ground work and engine for it and will introduce it in part 2 of 2)

Please be patient and hold tight as we address them. Thank you.

King Kong

Thank you for your patience while we have the shard down and making more additions.

I know you don't see a ton of changes in game just yet with this expansion -- But know that it is a lot of stuff, building the entire foundation for a whole new era of content. The clients, engines, etc. everything needs tweaked a bit when a new expansion comes in.

Stygian Abyss is an Expansion, High Seas is an Expansion -- You know how much content those bring, this new Expansion is no different, even if you don't see everything yet (on purpose).

So thank you for understanding and being patient with us. We promise it will all be sorted out and awesome. We are Pandora, if something is new, we get it. (Trust me, it would have made my job much easier to stay in Mondain's Legacy years ago...hehe... But that's not how we roll. -- Thanks again.
;D

Larue

Quote from: King Kong on September 08, 2015, 08:36:07 PM

(Added) The Ultimate Resource Box has been updated as follows;

- Added Fill From Backpack and Fill From Bank options to the basic interface.
- Updated advanced interface display icons and resource names - colors and positioning.
- Added the ability to target containers, including your own Backpack, when adding resources.
- You may now use the box when it is in your Backpack.

I cannot get my resource box to show a fill from backpack option??  Am I missing something, or has that not been implemented?  I guess I expected it to be a context menu from the resource box itself...does it need to be opened to use this option, and if so, how is the option to fill from backpack called?

Thanks!

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]