Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Halloween of Legends - [ENDED - Winners Announced!]

Started by GM NollKoll, October 06, 2015, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

*******Winners announced!********
Ok, this competition has been crazy.. For several reasons..

First off, lets hit off the amount of scrolls the top 3 players had..

Chicken managed to get 21075 scrolls
followed by Des Sanct with 19412 scrolls
And lastly...
An Evil Llama with a grand whopping 191 scrolls.
(Had  to go trough almost every scrollstack bigger then 10, to check that a player didnt have more scrolls hidden away, but neatly seperated)

So.. Congratulations??...
Well..
Then there was this handicap i spoke about.
I think all top parties have been clever, sold off houses they did not want.
And with a neatly painted (in microsoft paint) i jotted down each house owner in luna, checked if there was a multi acc or not, and who actually owned em etc etc. (Did this the 4th nov)

So..
Chicken: 1 house
Des Sanct: 0 house

Which brings the total "scrolls/points" to 18967,5 to Chicken, and Des Sanct remains at 19412
(21075*0,9=18967,5)
Which actually puts Des in the top, and wins the competition! Was a really tight call. And the third price was pretty much anyone for the taking lol.

So, congratulation Des Sanct for first price, Chicken for second price and (a pretty suprised) An Evil Llama for third price!
(For a fun non-rewarding fact, Falada got 117 scrolls, so yea.. Anyone could have taken down the third price easily =P)

*******Event Ended*****
Ok folks, hope you enjoyed this year event!
I will add another scroll count in the end of this thread, will announce later on, who won! (a few days of trading etc)

*********Even Newer Post********
The Event is live!Find the timebending moongate at luna gate!
Go back to the past, to the Halloween of Legends!

Hint: If its stuck, you probably need to steal it!

***********New Post*************
Ok some info for you all!
Pretty sure i can open this badass up for tomorrow (Saturday, 17th) Think i will time it, so it starts roughly the same time i usually host my events, roughly 4-6pm EST. Then, the gates to the past will open up, to the lands that have gotten a hallowed curse. Lands that shouldnt face modern human beings for several thousands if not millions of years.

The event will last October out, unsure of end date atm, but will end in the very beginning of november.

This following bit is very important to read.. REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT TO READ THE FOLLOWING:
The area will be a PvP zone, but PvP Will be prohibited.. Sounds odd? Well.. it kinda is.. But it is due to a limitation on region control et.c... Same issue as in PvM Event room for example...
But it wont be 100% illigal to PvP, but mostly its due to the limitations of custom regions thats been added ingame. And you wont be looted by players, you cant loot other player corpses.

-not 100% illigal you say?.. What do you mean?
Well, if you got a friend you wanna fight down there.. heck.. do it!.

I will randomly check corpses of players, if any (but prollywill be *g*).. see who killed em.. Talk to the owner, check whats up et.c. Might be a short jail time for the killer..

-But you aint always on? How can i feel safe down there? even as a new player?
Well, ofcourse i will implement a new brand AI *cough cough*..  a Knight of Eodon...
Try to be nice to this AI, even if i somehow slipped that he might be beheaded, and will curse halloweens in the future, for example the Hallowed Void event i hosted last year. (bad bad time jokes muhahah)

But ofcourse, sending me a PM if your griefed et.c.

Iv'e taken the best of the best things from last years event, so there is no need loot scripts or whatsoever. You will understand more on that later...  Even added a large puzzle that you can steal the competition scrolls for, heck, even a treasure chest hunter can find some scrolls.. But that large puzzle even hold a much rarer costume, that can only be found there!

And if you are still worried about the whole PvP activated area deal..  Those from last year can pretty much convince you they had an awesome time there!
Quote from: RC_Junkie on October 31, 2014, 02:05:54 AM
this is a great event, remember that it is a no loot area so if you do get killed, your new deco is safe. yes i have been attacked and killed 1ce, i was then ressed by said killer and healed up, and as Tyrone said, The Headless is messing around some adding a bit of excitement. the monsters are not very difficult so come young come all, find thoes gates!
Quote from: Balinor on November 03, 2014, 04:17:17 PM
Just a note about this event.   

I have not been able to play much but the time that I have had, I've had a blast.  The mobs are well balanced for all levels of play and the drops are pretty cool from any of the mobs. 

As for the pvp, I really like the nonloot pk environment.  I am normally not much of a pvper but I have tried to help with a fight or two against the Headless, and even tried to help another player against pks.  Normally I just try to run away.  I think this environment is a good balance to give the pk/pvpers some action and get the blues who normally would dip out some encouragement to stick around and stand their ground. 

Over all great event Noll, you did a fantastic job.
Quote from: Axle Stonehands on November 07, 2014, 10:50:07 AM
I must say I have enjoyed this particular event more than any other. And I haven't minded getting pk'd much at all since I don't lose anything. (I just have to reorganize my pack LOL) The Pk'ers have been honorable and to my knowledge no one has been harassed or anything of the sort. Great event, great deco, loads of fun. Hope we can do it all again soon...maybe Thanksgiving or Christmas?

There will be no random gates this year, just one gate, or heck.. Even from the public gate.
Almost each deco will have a chance of dropping as rare hue, mostly its 10% chance for it to be another hue.

And to the scroll collecting bit, thinking of keeping the % handicap rule, since noone opposed. Second and third price havnt been determinated.. But maybe a 125% PS of players choise as second, and a random 125% ps as third. (plus some rare deco or something.. or a pumpkin pet.. unsure yet!.. but the first price remains the same.. ie the luna house!)

Any Q? Drop em below!

*********old post***************
So, to give you all some teasers here and some general info.

Will do a dungeon-ish kinda halloween area, just like last year.. some modifications ofcourse! No headless knight player boss that runs around and killing everyone.. sure it was fun..  well.. who knows.. someone might be upto it!

This time i will use a section of the new Time of Legends area, get a sneak peak of that, while killing halloween badies! How swell aint that?

And there will be a "top collector" part aswell, an ingame poll voted pro for this.. so sorry for those  that will lack some major sleep this year!

Pumpkin pet as price?.. yea maybe... BUT.................BUT.............
First Price....
Talked and convinced kon about this, so give him some applauds for it aswell....

First price is....

is....

The Rune Library in Luna (Just east of luna bank, cant miss it!)
But a great price comes with great responsibilities!
A)It will remain a rune library, decorate it as you wish.. Feel free to open up some vendors there, but it should mainly be a rune library.
B) You may not sell or trade it for X amount of time, havnt discussed this yet with Kon.
C) THERE MIGHT be a X house in Luna handicap for this part of the event. For example, i might put up a handicap for those that own no Luna houses, could be every house you own, ill deduct 10% of the collectable item, if its a connected house, every house connected would be 5% deduction... Player A owns 5 houses in Luna, which of 2 are stand-alones, and the rest is bunched togheter in a massive 3x plot.. That would be 10+10+(10+5+5)=40%
But that is just an example! Feel free to give some suggestions!

And if that aint enough, with the automatic hallowed halloween event goign around in graveyards, and this one that will come in roughly 10 days or so? (and will last for approx 2 weeks)... I will also be hosting a Halloween House decoration!
(Judging will be done roughly 3-7 days after the Halloween of Legends ends, so even those that camps down there, will have a chance of completing it!)

So what you say, 3 events in one halloween with a whoppin price?
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

treefer1

Excellent idea Noll, and a very generous 1st prize. Even if I'm lucky enough to be at a disadvantage at the moment housing-wise. Gives others a chance at the very best house Luna has to offer. So would the disadvantage also apply to say... a 2nd place pumpkin as well or does that apply just to 1st prize?

GM NollKoll

But..

GM NollKoll

Also, for those that loved the costumes, ill be adding roughly 35 new costumes! (and make it come in a random costume deed form, which saves ALOT of ingame script time when setting up the mobs)
Even 24 rare costumes, which comes from another deed... will you be able to collect em all? ^^
Makes it a grand total of 64 costumes available ingame + a few special made costumes that has been given out before.

edit: Gargs will be able to wear and use costumes now aswell!
But..

GM NollKoll

Removed some sad posts..  That havnt got their place here..

And this event will probably start rolling out on Saturday.

Will be alot like last year.. But MUCH MUCH more awesome... Less luck on scroll collection department..
And less lootscript issues.. You will see what I mean after..
You can even get scrolls in chests and from a puzzle!!

And maybe the best of all.. No Headless Knight to worry about *snigger*
But..

King Kong

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

blackmyst

will this event be a pvp free zone that way new players can enjoy it as well

treefer1

What?!!! no sleep come Saturday? It's on folks..may the best man or lady win!

GM NollKoll

But..

Pino Occhio

Thanks for the event, I'm really enjoying it.

Some feedbacks about the difficulty:
It's pretty easy, and i believe even a low geared player can enjoy it without having to worry too much about deaths.
The only "hard" part is the circle of doom where those bad ass flaming ***** come out :)
Thanks for all your dedication and hard work !

Pino Occhio

Ah forgot, about the pk rules. Looks like that everything is going smooth on that side and no one attacked me so far.
Just some little problems, when a player turns grey and some euo scripts auto attack it :P

GM NollKoll

For those elfs or light filtering folks, this is the real effect of the lanterns dropped by a certain monster ^^ same effect if you wear em!
(colored lightning on & Dark nights on in uo settings, and no light filter in uosteam)

But..

GM NollKoll

did a lil count ingame, there are 8 stacks of the scrolls that has over 200 amount. in no specific order, here comes the numbers.

Who does belong to, is ofcourse secret ^^, but i guess that you will kinda know if its you with that specific stack, and what your up against!
But..

Miki McNaughty

The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown is a very very busy place. I'm enjoying your event Noll but I would like to make a suggestion reguarding the Deco this year. Fabulous, but I sure would love to see some deco spiders webs. They are few and far between and impossible to get ahold of. Maybe for Halloween 2016. Thanks for all you do for us, especially you annual Halloween shindig!   BOO!

Miki
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

Miki McNaughty

Noll

Could we please have a new tally??  Please = )
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman