UO Auto-Map (UOAM for short) is a supplement to UO's radar map.
It's a utility that displays a portion of Ultima Online's map. The map can be scaled, tilted to match UO's orientation, labeled and configured in a number of different ways. You can even link up with your friends and have UOAM keep track of their locations as well.
Why use this when we have a normal map in uo?
Basically because it has a LOT more features and options.
- Allows you to link with your friends and keep track of everyone's location in the game.
- Lets you chat with your friends while you play.
- The map can be oriented with North at the top or tilted 45 degrees to the right just like UO's radar map (only better).
- The map can be zoomed and resized.
- Any location on the map can be labeled and categorized.
- Labels are configurable: choose any icon, font, size or color.
- You can define your own categories.
- Places can be grouped and stored across multiple files.
- Labels can be turned on or off as a whole or by category.
- Find any spot on the map by name or by category.
- Keeps the map centered on your player, just like UO's radar map (only better).
- Super easy setup. No extra utilities to run. No special codes to enter.
- Labels are available for nearly all of the major locations.
To install UOAM, just click on the installation link found below and choose "Run this program from its current location." Then after you have carefully read the license agreement... lol? Click the [I Agree] button and follow the simple directions.
IMPORTANT!! YOU DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER UOAM! Just click OK when it asks.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of UOAM, just run the setup program and install the new software right over the top of your old version. All of your old settings will be preserved.
For those of you looking for a non-English language version of UOAM, all language versions are installed through the same setup program. Install the English version and UOAM will notify you when new langauges become available.
Download UOAM Here
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of UOAM.
UOAM can display notifications for things such as players going into Panic! mode and directions to a marker or player right in the game window.
UOAM can be controlled from directly within the game.
UOAM can automatically map out the player structures on your shard as you walk past them.
You'll never need to calibrate UOAM again.
Most of UOAMs features are accessible from the control panel.
The easiest way to get to UOAM's control panel is press the ESC key while UOAM has the input focus.
There are also short-cut keys that will take you instantly to most of the panes in the control panel:
- Ctrl+E takes you to the Places pane,
- Ctrl+F takes you to the Filters pane,
- Ctrl+P takes you to the Players pane,
- Ctrl+K takes you to the Link pane, and
- F1 takes you to the Info pane.
For a complete list of short-cut keys, choose the Short Cuts menu item under the Help menu.
Here's a hint for all you treasure hunters out there.
UO's treasure maps are generated directly from the same map files as UOAM's map.
If you zoom UOAM out to 1/2 zoom and turn off the tilt (press Ctrl+T until North points up) then UOAM's map will be the exact same scale and orientation as your treasure map.
At that point it's a snap to find exactly where the pin is located, especially if you have downloaded UOAM's Treasure.MAP label collection.
UOAM Always On Top
If you double click in the map window, the title bar, menu and scroll bars will disappear and the map will be made top-most so it will float above all the other windows on your desktop no matter which application has the focus. This means you can put UOAM right over the game window just like UO's radar map.
Double click on the window again to get the menu back. Or just click on it with the right mouse button to get a popup menu that has all the same options as the main menu.
Click here for a bigger image.
You can see UOAM and the original radar in the bottom left corner!