Please log in.

Publish 49.2

Started by Voxpire, August 05, 2013, 08:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voxpire

Changes - Publish 49.2
6th AUG, 2013

- Action delay tweak.
- Bank Stone can not be used while in combat.
- Shrunken Pet Idols now have 1 stone weight.
- Vendor Stones should now stack purchased items in your pack, if you pack is full, purchased items will fall at your feet.
- Quivers have been returned to their previous container-style state, but the enforcement of ammo amount is still present.
- The handler for 3rd party bandage request packets has been updated to prevent everlasting bandages from being consumed.
- [Grab command player options supports toggling the Trash Items option.
- [Grab command player options no longer supports the Priority Types list as it is not needed.
- Normal Pet Heal potions now have a 5 second use delay and do 25 to 50 healing.
- Greater Pet Heal potions now have a 10 second use delay and do 50 to 100 healing.
- Fixed an issue with Rune Codex not displaying last (10th) row.
- Soul Glaives and Composite Bows have been balanced...
- Soul Glaive strength requirement is now 45, down from 85.
- Soul Glaive speed is now 4s, down from 4.92s.
- Composite Bows minimum damage is now 20, up from 13.
- Composite Bows maximum damage is now 25, up from 17.
- Composite Bows initial hit points max can be up to 100, up from 70.
- Added Mallet and Chisel to Tinker Crafting.
- Added Remote Bank Stone with uses remaining (10 uses default).
- Added Remote Bank Stone to Vote/Battle Vendors.
- Transmutation and Imbuing now have a better chance of successfully crafting.
- Added new items to Vote/Battle Vendors.
- Added donator Garden Shed deeds to Trash Vendor.
- Renamed donator Garden Shed deed to include donator tag.
- Added Origami Dragon and Bunny.
- Gold Check Books will not count towards gold total display, it causes too many issues to be worth doing.
- Added Dragon and Stained Glass Lamps.

d35tr0y

Thank you for the dedication mate Means alot to me forsure  :)
Founder of Lost Souls (soul)

zaxarus

Tys

"My name is my name."

Keeblerboy

Looking forward to the next patch.  Is there a time frame for it?

Voxpire

It's going in when I finally get some sleep and clear up this migraine :P

Electo Jason

No rush Vor you have been hard at work for the past couple weeks. We appreciate the hard work.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

Great Job Vor, hang in there bro....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Walker

Unless some of these changed have gone in already, which I don't think they have, just going to point out the issue about comp bow damage again. Once again I've tested this personally with someone who isn't even close to being completely geared out and the average damage from comp bow AI was ranging from 90-96. Don't see the issue with it except changing the numerical value shown on the bow. If that is what makes certain people content so be it, but don't expect these changes to make a difference.

On a side note take a break Vorspire. Don't burn yourself out implementing all these new things at once.

GM NollKoll

none of those changes have gotten trough yet, it says "pending" afterall ^^,
When the server gets an update/patch, see it on the front page of the forum, near the top
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Walker

Yeah I just wanted to cover my bases so no one could say "you're an idiot the damage has already been changed". Posting my findings after personal testing instead of just stating opinions without any numbers to back it up. If anymore arguments are to be pursued past this point I'll just start posting screen shots.

Silas DroSakhar

I just wanted to say I'm amazed at the amount of work you've done, Vorspire.  After playing on that pay shard for a number of years, and on a few other "lesser" shards, and seeing them stagnate so quickly, and bugs go unfixed/unaddressed for months, if not years, it's nice to find a place that has active development and active GMs.  Many thanks for all the hard work, and the attention to detail.   :)
Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

zaxarus

Quote from: Walker on August 06, 2013, 09:32:19 AM
Yeah I just wanted to cover my bases so no one could say "you're an idiot the damage has already been changed". Posting my findings after personal testing instead of just stating opinions without any numbers to back it up. If anymore arguments are to be pursued past this point I'll just start posting screen shots.

Really starting it again?

I made my own testings & also compared the damages of both weapon types (Comp & Glaive) with AI on and by different characters.

Hits w C-Bow (when hitting hard): between 72 and 90 (that's an average)

Several AI hits with a Glaive made between 100 and 130 dmg

I would say this is a difference. It wasn't even a high skilled / geared char.

I do not know the details of all damage calculations after the patch, but they are HP based, maybe you forgot that (refering also to AI now).

That and the base damage being part of the basics of damage calculation itself makes me rly hope and also support the decision of Vorspire. If you say, the value on the wep plays no role at all, then why would you be against a change of this value?^^
Makes no sense at all.

Damage:
QuoteFinal Damage = Base Damage + (Base Damage * Final Damage Bonus)

(Base Damage is weapon base damage)

And while i will always say that the weapon dmg plays a role in any calculation you will say it does not. This will never change, i guess. And that's okay. Still i am sure these changes will come and not be revised, because it is absolutely clear that the dmg of a weapon plays a role in the calculations. Otherwise we could just all use weapons with a base of 1 to 4, right?

Usually (if there were no changes in the base formula, not only in the output!):
QuoteWhile calculating your final damage output, the damage increase effect from the items, skills and statistics is mainly applied as a fraction of the weapon damage while the damage modifier effects function on the total damage after the damage increases have been applied.

Example:
QuoteAssume the following statistics

Tactics: 120.0
    Anatomy: 120.0
    Lumberjack:0.0
    Strength: 125
    Damage Increase (Items): 100%

Tactics Damage Bonus = (120 / 1.6) + 6.25 = 81.25%

Anatomy Damage Bonus = (120 / 2) + 5 = 65%

Lumberjacking Damage Bonus = 0/5 = 0

Strength Damage Bonus = (125 * 0.3) + 5 = 42.5%

Damage Increase from Items = 100%

Total Damage Bonus = 81.25 + 65 + 0 + 42.5 + 100 = 288.75%

Now, final damage using a weapon with a base damage of 5 - 10 can be calculated as follows:

Min Final Base Damage = 5 + (5 * 2.8875) = 19
    Max Final Base Damage = 10 + (10 * 2.8875) = 38

This means the base damage range for these specified values is 19 - 38.
If there were changes to any formula except for the final output (and "uncap") %wise and for AI i apologize for not bringing those up, too.

Another example (this time PVM wise, seen after publish):

Demon Slayer Soul Glaive, Enemy of One, Honor, Armor Ignore, CritHit:
1100 + dmg on a demontype monster

Demon Slayer Hammerpick (slightly more base dmg than C-Bow), Enemy of One, Honor, Armor Ignore, CritHit:
500 dmg on the same monster

Last but not least:
QuoteOnce again I've tested this personally with someone who isn't even close to being completely geared out and the average damage from comp bow AI was ranging from 90-96.
Yes, and did your opponent do CritHit (has not to have max), have you calculated Resilience effects?

Quotebut don't expect these changes to make a difference.
It will. Why else would Vorspire change it?
How can you even think that the base dmg of a weapon has no effect in damg calculations? What does it do, if not being part of a forumla? Looking good?

When u made ur scientific test runs:
Did you observe how many hit effects came into play when u made or received 90+ dmg? Did you calculate Crit, resil, HLA/HLD effects? What about HCI/DCI?
I did.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Jinxy

Oh SNAP!!! Dats why you Da Brains Boss!!!

Keeblerboy

I agree Ty.  Nice break down and well thought out analysis.  Base damage between the two weapons is a fair bit apart. That explains the discrepancy between the two final damage and Vorspire is adjusting for it.  Looking forward to testing the final product.

Voxpire

Yup, after this, the two weapons should not be the source of any more arguments.
They will both literally be mirrors of each other, with the only difference being the secondary ability and the graphics.

Walker - of course the min/max damage on weapons has a big effect on damage calculations, so do 100 other things, so unless you cover all factors, or most of them, like zaxarus has, then there is no point in reporting your findings.
It's not like NASA tells us there is life on Mars before discovering it and verifying it 100% with all of the factors included.

The simple fact is, the damage calculations *have not changed* in a LONG time.
The ONLY changes that were made, were to add a bonus % of the standard base damage as a critical strike, then reduce that bonus % by the % of resilience your opponent has.

AI was hard-capped at 35. Now it is soft-capped at 35 PER 100 hits your opponent has.
If you hit someone who has 100 HP, you will do max 35 damage with AI.
Hit someone with 200 HP, you will do max 70 damage with AI.

And of course, that horrible bug pre-publish 48 where Gargoyles' damage calculations was always using Death Strike, even if Death Strike was not active.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman